X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

That's a shame. All of this is not worth a human life. He should've read Camus instead.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      That's a shame. All of this is not worth a human life. He should've read Camus instead.
      It sounds like the poor man never recovered from the loss of his father, and spent the rest of his life justifying his sentiment. Tragic.
      Last edited by theetruscan; 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: fixed a typo.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Völuspá
        • Sep 2010

suicidenote.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, suicidenote.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

if anyone cares to read his book/note. I don't think it was tragic, once you try and see it from his point of view.

Comment

• sam_tem
          • Apr 2007

i like to think of all my posts on the internet as one long suicide note.

but really, if life is so meaningless then why the hell write a lifelong dissertation about it? i suppose nihilism has no feelings for his relatives time. just stick to drug and alcohol problems like the rest of us.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2010, 07:29 PM. Reason: faust

Comment

• Völuspá
              • Sep 2010

you get my drift?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Interesting..............and sad, I will take some time to read his book.
                but in my ignorance, I sense a man who was too immersed in his own ideology, and thus unable to temper it with the realities that surrounded him...........

I dont know if I would call him arrogant, but certainly ill informed....and unwise.
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                  arrogant bastard.
                  I'll write this off as teenage stupidity on your part.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Then I'll write that off as completely inable to see that people might have personal agendas towards terrible actions like this. that others peoples lives are turned into pure pain because of his vanity to be absolutely consistent. arrogant bastard is absolutely applicable.
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

tl;dr

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

i havent read the book, but nothing could defend the fact that he betrayed his family in such a way. it was egotistic behaviour. rational, maybe, but not compassionate at all.

why would you say he betrayed his family?

its obvious that the mans way of thinking was somewhat off.........as to the exact nature of this we are not sure.

Suicide, is a condition that always results from a sense of hopelessness and despair. The coming to a point that the unknowns of death is a better alternative to ones present state of existence...........I dont know how you can say that such a thought process does not warrant compassion.
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

as I said. The vanity of wanting to be absolutely consistent. It ends in self destruction. Life is all a paradox. Deal with it.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM. Reason: faust

Comment

• CUTUP
                            • Sep 2009

as I said. The vanity of wanting to be absolutely consistent. It ends in self destruction. Life is all a paradox. Deal with it.
                            That is all fine and well for those who have a full mind to work with and are truly trying to be selfish, what about those that suffer from depression or have other mental problems?

And to be honest, you have no idea how trauma can affect you until it happens. A perfectly reasonable man can become a bumbling hopeless idiot under the right circumstances, so does that mean we arent allowed to feel pity?

Some of these poor guys/gals dont stand a chance without therapy, and if none is forthcoming then destruction inevitably ensues

I find your statement rather brutish and glib, far too much of a blanket catch all. Some people are so troubled they view it as the only way out.

Its not the right line of thinking, but just stating essentially " life has pain deal with it" is bullshit IMO
                            Last edited by CUTUP; 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM.
                            Originally posted by marco-von
                            this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

im not saying life is nothing but pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎