• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The Met Plans a Major Alexander McQueen Exhibition

This should be amazing.

READ ME
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I will be there, whenever it is.

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

I really do hope they push the space to represent his entire body of work. Maybe not on the Valentino celebration size, but something equally thorough. Heck, I'll try to get to New York just to see the exhibition!
      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Lumina
        • Dec 2009

Maybe you've already seen this, here are some pictures from the future catalogue of the exhibition by Sølve Sundsbø.
        Fashion news, backstage photos, fashion trends, catwalk videos, supermodel interviews, beauty trends and celebrity party photos, brought to you by British Vogue

Comment

• TypicalFashion
          • Mar 2007

the photography and display of the pieces is VERY well done. A+

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thanks, Lumina. This will be epic.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• marco-von
              • Feb 2009

Could not find a dedicated thread for McQueen through the search function.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

McQueen and I , Documentary from the beginning to the death of his career with various interviews etc... only seen 15mins of it or so before i went out to the pub but seemed interesting from the segment i saw.(now watching the rest)

I hope this is viewable to people outside uk/eu/universe/working class/libya no fly zones.

edit : bossman , vice bossman , NCO bossmen - do what you do to do things to make things a lot more doable for others to get their do do on. if needed to be done.

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

Can't make the Met at this time, I hope this gets packed off to the V&A!

Won't dwell on the sadness of his untimely departure, but his flagship store in London (the first one), was one of the most inspirational shops I have ever seen.
                His last women's collection, was a marvel. The detail and construction on some of the dresses was spellbinding. Fashion did not meet art, but became art.
                As an east london boy made good, he was such an inspiration for me.

Comment

• syed
                  • Sep 2010

I really liked that Channel 4 documentary, it was nice to see the archive footage. I find it really interesting to see how narratives are woven, especially in the fashion world, and in relation to Blow. Amusing to see the interview with the Cork (forget his name) of Anderson & Sheppard, because in the Savile Row series on BBC back in '09 I swear he seemed quite dismissive, albeit very polite, of McQueen.
                  "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

could someone maybe download that documentary and upload elsewhere? I can't view it from where I am :(

Comment

• syed
                      • Sep 2010

I'll try my best to rip it down and upload it again tomorrow

*edit* Grrr the DRM coding on both 4od and their Youtube video is proving hard to shift May try screen capturing whilst I play the video...but the audio will be trixy.
                      Last edited by syed; 03-01-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

I would never endorse crime.. but

Do your best Syed, I/we would really appreciate it!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I went to see the press preview today. Absolutely fucking mindblowing. What a genius we lost, irreplaceable. Standby for my coverage tomorrow.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i am downloading mcqueen and i from a torrent. it was on channel 4 in the uk? hopefully this is the right thing. i can upload it to zshare or some similar video hosting site when it's done. i dont know if we are allowed to post torrents here but if anyone else would like the same file i am currently downloading it's at http://www.btscene.eu/details/242597...een+And+I.html

i am very excited to see faust's updates tomorrow! what a brilliant man & unique voice the world has lost.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Here is my first one for Vogue Russia. Most of you cannot read it, but you can see the photos I took. I will post more photos later. I took a ton. That first quote almost made me cry.

One in English coming up soon.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎