X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Vincenzo De Cotiis, after Haute......Decotiis

So after Vincenzo De Cotiis left Haute, he started his own line Decotiis.
    Here is some of the work:

• PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Im going to put my opinion in this post so i don't fuck up the first post with my rant:

But it seems to me like he is lost, it looks like sheep skin and fur is a base for most of his work and the textures are mismatched with the cuts he has. Haute was a cleaner more mainstream bridge between stuff like julius and zegna, Haute in my opinion was done right , needing a little more refinement. But it had a genuine market, for people who don't want to go head to toe in edgy styles from the other brands mentioned in this forum, But not quite wanting to dress traditionally. For this new approach titled decotiis, i don't understand the market he is aiming for. Is he going after the Carol Christian Poell or Maison Martin Margiela segment?

Opinions?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Hard to say from these pictures, but seems to be pretty consistent with his architectural work - his STRAF hotel comes to mind. Same color palette and textural feeling.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Hard to say from these pictures, but seems to be pretty consistent with his architectural work - his STRAF hotel comes to mind. Same color palette and textural feeling.
        Do you happen to know if Haute was his own line, or a partnership with another design house? If it was the latter it would explain why this Decotiis line is so radically different than his pieces from Haute, and why they resemble his furniture line.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

It was his own line, but then he sold it (last year, I think).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            It was his own line, but then he sold it (last year, I think).
            Guess it's just natural progression, very similar to the Number (N)ine departure/closure to the Soloist progression. Was a shame, I was looking forward to what Haute was going to be, it had a few misteps but i enjoyed most of the looks. Im not really liking what i see with the Decotiis stuff (besides the washed leather textures). particularly because im not a fan of fur, no moral issues with using it, just don't like wearing it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎