• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Cathy Horyn on Raf Simons... Again

A-ha, looks like we weren't the only ones complaining.

By the way, this confirms my thesis that having come to Raf's work later, she may have felt a need catch up by unduly praising him.

"...in 2005, I looked at videos and photographs of all his shows and presentations going back to the mid-’90s, to see what I had missed — which was a lot."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

that was kind of refreshing. kind of, like lukewarm water

Comment

• tricotineacetat
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      A-ha, looks like we weren't the only ones complaining.

By the way, this confirms my thesis that having come to Raf's work later, she may have felt a need catch up by unduly praising him.

"...in 2005, I looked at videos and photographs of all his shows and presentations going back to the mid-’90s, to see what I had missed — which was a lot."
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she actually ever write about Raf Simons prior to his appointment at Jil Sander?

As much as I tend to disagree with her view on Raf Simons' more recent work's importance, I must assume she based her opinion on the awareness of his vitae, if she looked back to his work in 2005.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

She first mentions Raf in 2004, in passing, in an article about skinny suits. When he gets appointed to JS, NYT assigns her to go to Antwerp to do a major piece on him for the T Magazine. The rest is history.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎