X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bearsunken
    • Feb 2011

Amazing Rick Owens interview

I think the best with him yet! And he announced he's working on a fragrance.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ Excuse me, but the first mention of a Rick Owens perfume was in an article by yours truly two years ago.

This article is piffle, and I am not surprised to find out that the interviewer is 19. You obviously have not read good articles on Rick. Try the one in the New Yorker.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bearsunken
      • Feb 2011

though i think technically there's a difference between "I want to make" and "I am making"?

Comment

for someone young I think this is a very nice article. and it just goes to show how nice rick is... I admire his interviews more than his clothes.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Phew, I am a big fan, but a little more focus, rather than a verbatim transcript would have probably made me read it to the end.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I are haz editing skillz?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

i think the interviewer asked some really substantial questions considering his age. I do recognise me in this angsty situation of being too eager. Alot of being young is about waiting for the right moment and prepare yourself. I'm happy i'm finally at an age where i actually have the power to do what I want to do and not be frustrated all the time.

Comment

• bearsunken
                • Feb 2011

haha, heirloom! i know what you mean. at first i thought it should have been cut a lot but having reread the transcript just now, i think that trying to edit certain exchanges from it would have done more damage to the cadence of the conversation than good. it's a trade-off of sorts, i guess - fluidity and naturality sometimes trumps a straightforward q and a for me

Comment

• BUMMER
                  • Feb 2010

First: Thanks for posting this Bear.. I wouldn't have thought to search Slamhype for a Rick Owens interview..

Second: I also love the natural flow of this interview. They are obviously getting on in this conversation and vibing. Made me realize I enjoy reading interviews with Owens for similar reasons I enjoy reading interviews with John Cage (!) Funny, I know, but I really enjoy his ease, self-understanding and overall good nature.

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

I kind of like that it's all over the place and informal. Also, the questions asked (or rather, the answers to them) are really... comforting, I suppose because young people today (the ones that want to make something of themselves by themselves) are under a lot of pressure and almost cannot believe that someone can not worry every minute about everything and succeed. I know I can't.

And, you know, I have young people working for me that speak three languages and kind of really have their shit together and I’m thinking that when I was thirty I was waking up under freeway overpasses and I was fucked up and I was a mess! And these young people are so together but on the other hand they’re often torturing themselves, saying, “What am I going to do with my life?” but I’m just telling them, “Relax! You’re fine. You’re in the right place at the right time and it’s all gonna come out fine.”
                    Also, Rick is almost 50, still seems unreal. If that's how 50 looks like, I'm game.

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      <...> Try the one in the New Yorker.
                      Faust, is there a way of reading it somehow/somewhere without subscribing to NYer?

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

^ http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...3&postcount=56
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Aah, that one. My friend shot the picture of him.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

registering on a forum just to post your own article is one thing, but calling it "amazing" and "the best" is pretty sad.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Slamxhype = the armpit of the internet.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎