X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Louis Vuitton menswear: Helbers out, Kim Jones in

British designer Kim Jones has been named the new style director of Louis Vuitton’s men’s ready-to-wear division, replacing Paul Helbers who held the position for five years. The news came this morning in the form of a tweet from Jones’ official Twitter account. Having been named “Menswear Designer of the Year” by the British Fashion Council back in 2006, Jones has since served as creative director for Alfred Dunhill menswear and accessories divisions and has also designed apparel and footwear in an ongoing collaboration with sportswear label Umbro. In his new role at Vuitton, Jones will be working closely with Marc Jacobs, who currently serves as artistic director for the luxury label.

Source: http://hypebeast.com/2011/03/louis-v...tyle-director/
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

What a strange choice.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

I'd assumed he had been fired from Dunhill, where his contribution seemed to fine to measure.

Looks like a retrograde step for Vuitton.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Lets expect some pastel coloured tracksuits and trainers! Kim Jones......almost......almost as bad as Henry "talentless fuckwit" Holland.

Even him being appointed at Dunhill was a very strange choice to begin with, let alone LV.

Seems like tis the season to be hired and fired
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

He has also been hired/fired from Trussardi. All these brands are looking for a "youthful" infusion, but they seem to confuse youth with tackiness.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• reborn
            • Aug 2008

/\ that made me laugh out loud.

But, really, is this unexpected...LV has been cultivating an "urban" look with some of there collabs: stephen sprouse and scott campbell.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

lets not forget the Kanye trainers and Pharrel inspired Millionaire shades.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• doldrums
                • Dec 2008

rappers of the world rejoice!

Comment

• copacetic
                  • Nov 2010

Not that you can ever track down the pieces from the runway. Want a fat, bright orange monogrammed tie? Sure, they stock it. A shit-brown briefcase with matching daytimer? Yes, it's in. I've yet to come across much else.
                  And "When the prince has gathered about him
                  "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

i really don't undestand kim jones... what do these companies see in him??? completely talentless (as previously mentioned)... he must have really good connections in the fashion corporate world...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think it's more that fashion companies don't have the knowledge, so they go for those whose names buzz around.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                        Not that you can ever track down the pieces from the runway. Want a fat, bright orange monogrammed tie? Sure, they stock it. A shit-brown briefcase with matching daytimer? Yes, it's in. I've yet to come across much else.
                        have you ever been to a louis vuitton store (not one at a mall)? it's not my aesthetic and the price is obviously a bit inflated though not much more than many other brands, but i have to admit that their rtw isn't that bad, and i can't talk about other stores but the one in vienna always has a bunch of stuff that doesn't have monograms all over it.
                        Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• copacetic
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                          have you ever been to a louis vuitton store (not one at a mall)?
                          My non-mall experience is with stores in Seoul, Stockholm, Venice, Florence, and Rome. Nothing off the runway that I saw--

Is there a store in LA, for example, that I could waltz into and look at FTW stuff for men? I only end up walking into LV stores when I'm on vacation it seems.
                          And "When the prince has gathered about him
                          "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎