X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

WTB: Undercover FW09 PCM Jacket

This, in size 4, I think, equivalent to a 50? Going into space and need to stay warm and cold SIMULTANEOUSLY.

At present, for fulfilling the above requirement Phase Change Materials (PCM) is one such intelligent material. It absorbs, stores or discharges heat in accordance with the various changes in temperature and is more often applied to manufacture the smart textiles.
    Phase Change Materials
    ‘Phase Change’ is the process of going from one stat to another, e.g. from solid to liquid. Any material that experiences the process of phase change is named as Phase Change Materials (PCM).
    Such materials collect, discharge or absorb heat as they oscillate between solid and liquid form. They discharge heat as they transform to a solid state and absorb as they go back to a liquid state. There are three basic phases of matter solid, liquid and gas, but others like crystalline, colloid, glassy, amorphous and plasma phases are also considered to exist.
    This fundamental phenomenon of science was initially developed and used for building space suits for astronauts for the US Space Program. These suits kept the astronauts warm in the black void of space and cool in the solar glare. Phase Change Materials are compounds, which melt and solidify at specific temperatures and correspondingly are able to retain or discharge large amounts of energy.
    Last edited by BeauIXI; 04-05-2011, 02:02 PM.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

I don't suppose anyone even has one of these in a size 4, eh?

Comment

• (((o
      • May 2009

I think you should go with one in a size 3. I'm a 50 and the size 2 was just a tiny bit too small so a 3 would be perfect.
      i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Ok then, I'll take that. Thanks man.

Comment

• hamham3002
          • Sep 2008

There's been one on Y!Japan in size 3 for 85000 yen. From the measurements, it would fit a size 50 perfectly.
          I've wanted to get it for the longest time, but was hoping the yen goes down.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎