X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old
    • Jul 2009

David Taub

I was surfing a tailoring forum the other day and I came a cross the blog of Davide Taub, the cutter of Savile Row firm Maurice Sedwell.
    I think some of his work could be pretty interesting.

While he primarily cuts traditional Savile Row stuff, he also plays with concepts that a lot of SZ approved designers use, such as rotated seams and anatomical cut.

While he doesn't really have a coherent universe of designs, I think that he's more technically sound in tailoring than most designers out there, which makes it his approach of combining old and new even more intriguing. (His work remind me of Zamb's a bit, but more towards the traditional side)

Say for instance this coat, while he used curved seams (which is an extension of the front dart) and twisted seams on the sleeves, the clean look with a full shoulder that only comes with good traditional tailoring is still there.

The anatomical cut of the sleeves is more evident on this jacket, the utilitarian detail behind lapels is also interesting.

So is the conjunction of the shoulder seam and the sleeve seam

(all images come from his blog: http://davidetaub.blogspot.com/)
    Last edited by old; 05-14-2011, 05:10 AM. Reason: BTW, can someone teach me how to resize linked images? lol
    Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎