PDA

View Full Version : Women's Sizing

genevieveryoko
09-05-2011, 01:19 AM
for questions and information pertaining to women's sizing.

to start, does anyone have any experience with women's yohji yamamoto shoe sizing?

yohji size 24=? run big/small? looking for something to fit a size 8/38/38.5

rider
09-05-2011, 08:05 AM
yohji shoes and boots (as long as they arent from a collaboration) run fairly large so the 24 would seem to be ideal for you.

for example, i take a 23 and i am 36.5/37. 23.5 was always too big.

hope that helps and doesnt confuse you more.

crouka
09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
yes it tends to run big, strictly a bit wider. I think this is true of this fall too.
but there are exceptions. it's not so rare you run across one that is a full size smaller. so after all if you have a particular style in mind, you can always call YY flagship in aoyama and ask how it fits. I believe there is someone who speaks english and kindly provides the best advice to each case, wherever you are going to buy it.

genevieveryoko
09-07-2011, 02:50 AM
thank you both for your help [smile]

if I end up not getting the shoes, I'll post them to good finds because they are indeed a very good find

xeraphim
09-30-2011, 11:32 AM
ladies, anyone familiar with haider ackermann footwear sizing? contemplating getting a pair for a girlfriend's birthday (she's usually an EU37), not too sure whether to go true to size or size up/down.

Rosenrot
09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I've tried a pair of boots from a couple of seasons ago. Fits true to size. Then again I've never tried any other model so I wouldn't know for sure

Chinorlz
10-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Looking for well made, slim fit classic workwear for the fiancee... any good lines/brands?

Curious as to how well made/fit/cut the TB Black Fleece is for a size 0.

She's looking for a nice solid classic black 1-2 button blazer.The simple Balmain one actually looks nice but the pricing is out of control.

rider
10-13-2011, 12:05 PM
y's yohji makes some fantastic, beautifully cut, clean lined, blazers.
sorry, i cant lend an opinion on black fleece, because i've never seen it.
oh, also margiela 4 might be an option.

Chinorlz
10-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.

rider
10-17-2011, 10:24 AM
^ hmmm, it can go both ways, i guess its no surprise that he can successfully mix it up better than most. i looked at both y's and +noir for you and it seems that crisp traditional cuts are more prevalent in +noir this season. i hope you have it available near you because some of his lines are so hard to find stateside.

i saw these, maybe they fit the bill?

laika
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.

Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...[tongue]

maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?

Chinorlz
11-06-2011, 12:17 PM
A belated thank you Laika as well for your recommendations :) Will look into all of those!

zamb
11-06-2011, 12:26 PM
M,

Please tell me you are not speaking from experience.........[lol][tongue]

Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...[tongue]

maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?

Chinorlz
12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Yet another fit/sizing question for you knowledgeable women...

the classic Rick jacket

http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/58/21/5821d850690b4b776bc04acd3f6d458a/rick-owens-kirna-zabete-jackets-classic-biker-jacket.jpg

What tagged size best fits a 0-2?

And short of ebay... any place to pick this up for under $1500? It's almost Xmas :)

Thank you all again!

rider
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
try barneys and net a porter. sales on.
they run small so i would say a 38 maybe 40, nap will have measurements to be sure though, they are a great reference.

Chinorlz
12-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Thank you again for your assistance Rider :)

derpington
12-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm going to buy my girlfriend a pair of DRKSHDW jeans, but I'm not sure how women's fit. Her actual waist measurement is 25.5" and her hips are 36". Pants that fit her are about 13.5" laid flat. Any ideas on what size DRKSHDW jeans she would wear? Thanks!

GlassOrganelle
12-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Is there a great difference in sizing between 40 & 42 in a RO leather jacket? I'd normally go for the 40, however they only have a 42 left. Just concerned the body will be too big for me!

Faust
12-25-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm going to buy my girlfriend a pair of DRKSHDW jeans, but I'm not sure how women's fit. Her actual waist measurement is 25.5" and her hips are 36". Pants that fit her are about 13.5" laid flat. Any ideas on what size DRKSHDW jeans she would wear? Thanks!

You have to size down at least one size, if not two. Most, if not all, of DRKSHDW jeans have elastine and they will stretch.

Faust
12-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Is there a great difference in sizing between 40 & 42 in a RO leather jacket? I'd normally go for the 40, however they only have a 42 left. Just concerned the body will be too big for me!

I wouldn't be too worried. Of course at your own risk - does the store have a return policy?

Rosenrot
12-26-2011, 04:46 AM

As far as I know, there is a bit of a discernible difference when sizing up, especially on the waist if it's a tight-fitting jacket

derpington
12-26-2011, 08:50 AM
You have to size down at least one size, if not two. Most, if not all, of DRKSHDW jeans have elastine and they will stretch.

Thanks for the help! I'll try sizing down one and see what happens.

lost53
05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Hello Ladies,
Please excuse me creeping over from the other side!

Currently in need of some Rick Owens shorts, I have a 29" waist, mens XS all sold out so am contemplating some from the womens line. Would a 42 be suitable, Rick Owens main line?

Thanks

rider
05-31-2012, 07:36 AM
i think a 42 in the drawstring pod shorts style would b fine. but they will be shorter than the mens on you.

galia
06-05-2012, 06:15 PM
hi! what's the sizing like on haider ackerman leather leggings? should I size one up or do they fit normal?
I'm familiar with sizing on drkshdw and april77 jeans if that helps.

fadetogrey
06-05-2012, 07:50 PM
hi! what's the sizing like on haider ackerman leather leggings? should I size one up or do they fit normal?
I'm familiar with sizing on drkshdw and april77 jeans if that helps.

In my experience they fit true to size. I would not size up. They have a lot of stretch to them. They fit wonderfully- very comfortable and the leather is really soft. They are on my wish list [thumbup]

brad1981
06-12-2012, 06:20 PM
hi,need some help on ccp fencing. one of my female friends want to order one, she is 5'7 54kg. which size should she go for? thanks[smile]

MetroBulotDodo
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM
^ contact me by PM and I can help you figure it out.

MBD

Verdandi
07-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Since I cannot find a pair of leather pants (that I like) in my size I've decided to get the next best thing: A pair of Ann Dem leather leggins. I usually wear a 36 in Ann pants, but I do not want the leggins to be super tight so should I size up?
Unfortunately the only store that carries Ann here doesn't have leggins in stock so I have to buy them online.
Thanks in advance!

ringo.whisper
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi,

I want to buy a Guidi Boots for my girlfriends,(as Below Link style)

She is usually wear 38-38.5 in Rick's High heel, so which size should i get in guidi??

Thanks

http://www.antonioli.eu/images/products/guidi/a11/7_211DBIKT.JPG

rider
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
robin richman has those on sale in black in a 38.5 and i believe a 39, so if she is closer to a 38 that might work out beautifully for her but rick runs larger if anything.

fadetogrey
04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have any experience with m.a+ non-leather apparel for women? Specifically jersey and heavier knit pieces. How do they fit? TTS?

Ottoline
07-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Help, I'm a uk 7 (40) with wide feet! What size do I order in guidi?
I'm considering a trip to Italy has anyone been to Guidi?

rider
07-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Does anyone have any experience with m.a+ non-leather apparel for women? Specifically jersey and heavier knit pieces. How do they fit? TTS?

very narrow fit. in everything. straight, slim cut all around.

rickandjulius
09-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi,

Planning on buying my girlfriend a pair of Rick wedges for christmas and need help with the sizing as I have no idea how they fit.

She wears a US 10 (women's obviously) which I think is a EU 40? But she has quite wide feet so I don't know if I should size up and get a 41 or what. Any help is much appreciated!

ahn
09-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Planning on buying my girlfriend a pair of Rick wedges for christmas and need help with the sizing as I have no idea how they fit.

She wears a US 10 (women's obviously) which I think is a EU 40? But she has quite wide feet so I don't know if I should size up and get a 41 or what. Any help is much appreciated!

I'm an AU9/US9 and I wear an EU40 and IT39.
Rick uses italian sizing, and in my experience every IT39 I have of his fits perfectly. Once I tried on a pair of the flat boots and felt I could have gone down to an IT 38.5; I would not recommend going down though for any kind of heel or wedge due to the incline.

So on that train of thought an IT40, EU41 should be fine. What a nice gift for your girlfriend! Such a wardrobe staple [wub]

rickandjulius
09-23-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm an AU9/US9 and I wear an EU40 and IT39.
Rick uses italian sizing, and in my experience every IT39 I have of his fits perfectly. Once I tried on a pair of the flat boots and felt I could have gone down to an IT 38.5; I would not recommend going down though for any kind of heel or wedge due to the incline.

So on that train of thought an IT40, EU41 should be fine. What a nice gift for your girlfriend! Such a wardrobe staple [wub]

Awesome I'll get the EU 41 then! Thanks for the help.

And I know! It's a shame he doesn't make them for men anymore. They are my favorite footwear of all time.

nictan
10-26-2014, 09:02 PM
so, looking to get some ann outerwear for the girlfriend.

any ladies here can help with the sizing? does ann sizing run in italian/ french? saw a coat in 38, what would that be? x-small, small or medium? I've seen some of her outerwear in a 34.

seeing how some of her stuff are sometimes slightly bigger than tagged (though i only have experience in her mens clothing), i would think my gf would need the smallest production size, or at most the 2nd smallest production size. she's usually an S.

if it helps, the garment in question has a 'made in italy' tag, does that make it italian sizing?

thank you!

GlassOrganelle
10-26-2014, 09:39 PM
I've only ever seen Ann using French sizing (eg Ann 36 is meant to be an IT40), and I find her sizing to be quite generous, especially with outerwear. I have a coat in size 34, and it is still quite generously proportioned (I normally get a IT38-40 in RO).

I would say a coat size 38 would be more suited to a Small-Medium. Go by the shoulder and bust measurements.

so, looking to get some ann outerwear for the girlfriend.

any ladies here can help with the sizing? does ann sizing run in italian/ french? saw a coat in 38, what would that be? x-small, small or medium? I've seen some of her outerwear in a 34.

seeing how some of her stuff are sometimes slightly bigger than tagged (though i only have experience in her mens clothing), i would think my gf would need the smallest production size, or at most the 2nd smallest production size. she's usually an S.

if it helps, the garment in question has a 'made in italy' tag, does that make it italian sizing?

thank you!

nictan
10-26-2014, 10:02 PM
thank you! will ask for measurements :)

curiouscharles
01-09-2015, 11:33 PM
hello women of SZ,

i am interested in purchasing this rick bomber for my wife;

https://www.rickowens.eu/en/women/products/rp14f6737cm-09

she is typically a true 40, or FR36 - might she be safest going with a 42 in this piece?

many thanks in advance for any guidance!

Verdandi
01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
I haven't bought a Rick jacket in years, but from my experience when in doubt size up when it comes to his womens outerwear.
I usually wear an IT 38 or 40 and all my Rick jackets are at least a 42, one even a 44.

ahn
01-11-2015, 05:55 PM
In my experience it depends on the fabric. I am either a 38 or 40 in RO... I would take a 38 in any softer/stretchy fabric or softer leather like the blister, a 40 in the stiffer leathers and fabrics with less 'give'.

I like my jackets very tight, though. IThat jacket seems like a stiff wool. I would choose the 40 for myself in that jacket. But if she doesn't like to feel stifled or prefers a relaxed fit maybe the 42.

curiouscharles
01-11-2015, 11:16 PM
thank you kindly for your guidance mesdames!

ordered the 42 already, so fingers crossed it works out.

Comotomo
03-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Hi, I usually wear size 38/40 for Rick , what size would I be in ph? I'm looking to get a blazer .. Thanks in advance. Haven't handled or seen any of his stuff in real life.

voltbird
06-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know if the Guidi sizing is relatively consistent from season to season? I'm heading to Atelier tomorrow to try on a few pairs and get a sense of how they fit, but most retailers are currently sold out of the exact pair I'm looking for. It would be good to know if I can confidently extrapolate from whatever fits in the store.

rider
06-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know if the Guidi sizing is relatively consistent from season to season? I'm heading to Atelier tomorrow to try on a few pairs and get a sense of how they fit, but most retailers are currently sold out of the exact pair I'm looking for. It would be good to know if I can confidently extrapolate from whatever fits in the store.
I would give a guess that horse still fits small, calf pretty true and kangaroo true. If you try the Uma Wang guidi's please let me know what you think, they're still on my mind.
J

mona13
01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Any ladies on here have Guidi 796? I have 39s in 789 (horse) and 3006 (baby calf), but a 38 in 3006 open toe (reverse calf). My 789s are big on me, so I can't decide whether to go with a 38 or 39 in the 796. (They are baby calf.) Thanks for your help!

ahn
01-10-2016, 12:25 AM
Any ladies on here have Guidi 796? I have 39s in 789 (horse) and 3006 (baby calf), but a 38 in 3006 open toe (reverse calf). My 789s are big on me, so I can't decide whether to go with a 38 or 39 in the 796. (They are baby calf.) Thanks for your help!

All my Guidi's are 40s, except my 3006 that I got on eBay which were a 41. They were a good price despite the size difference so I just threw in an innersole.

I feel the 796 is true to size, maybe the softer leather you're looking at will make a difference though, mine are std horse (not soft horse).

I would go the 39 and pop in an innersole if they're a little loose.

rider
05-10-2016, 07:31 AM

I find both the Guidi shoe or boot in reverse stretches so it makes sense you went down a size. In their heeled boots I stay true to size. When it comes to 796 Guidi calf I go for my true size. I've tried on 796 in donkey and had to go up a size but calf was a different story.

I'm sorry if I confused even more...

R C W M
05-14-2016, 03:47 AM
Hi all. I'm looking at picking up some Last Conspiracy boots for my significant other but feeling a little apprehensive regarding sizing.

I saw a comment elsewhere on the forum about the men's size running half a size small so wanted to check if anyone had any experience with the sizing on the women's shoes.

galia
04-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Do any of you ladies have any experience with Dries Van Noten sizing? Specifically for trousers. I found a great price for a pair in a style I really like, but since it is 2nd hand, I won't get a chance to exchange if it doesn't fit. Is it on the bigger side, Like Ann D?

Also, maybe a long shot, but same question about Alexander McQueen trousers. I have a pair in my sights if the Dries one doesn't work out.

rider
04-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Do any of you ladies have any experience with Dries Van Noten sizing? Specifically for trousers. I found a great price for a pair in a style I really like, but since it is 2nd hand, I won't get a chance to exchange if it doesn't fit. Is it on the bigger side, Like Ann D?

Also, maybe a long shot, but same question about Alexander McQueen trousers. I have a pair in my sights if the Dries one doesn't work out.

Hi Galia, I find that Dries is really dependent on the cut (since some trousers are intentionally very full cut) but for the most part, since the waist is usually meant to fit on the true waist or even a little slouchy I wear either a 38/40, same sizing I wear for AD. So, it would [likely be] safe to go down a size if you are on the fence or true if you want a looser fit.

galia
04-18-2017, 08:24 AM
OK thanks rider, that was very helpful of you! I have an Ann D in a similarish cut, so it should be safe to assume I need the same size.