X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Xavier Delcour

One of my personal favorites - I love his designs. Closed in 2006.

I would describe his work as very "sexual", but without being or looking gaudy. Think NAT back when he was good, early Tom Ford, Hedi, with a hint of Ann Demeulemeester. Sharp jackets and long wool coats, nice knitwear, chunky boots (surprisingly similar to Ann's), subtle punk and sportswear influences and the occasional sheer t-shirt. Almost always realized in black & white.

Some related links here: 1 / 2

Any of the older members remember him? Needless to say I'd love to see an archive thread of his work, if anyone has anything to contribute besides me.

M
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

There's been plenty of gaudy Xavier Delcour. Some good stuff as well though. The first piece I bought from Atelier (their first season) was a Delcour sweater which I still wear and get many compliments on.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 1972projects
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
      One of my personal favorites - I love his designs. Closed in 2006.

I would describe his work as very "sexual", but without being or looking gaudy. Think NAT back when he was good, early Tom Ford, Hedi, with a hint of Ann Demeulemeester. Sharp jackets and long wool coats, nice knitwear, chunky boots (surprisingly similar to Ann's), subtle punk and sportswear influences and the occasional sheer t-shirt. Almost always realized in black & white.

Some related links here: 1 / 2

Any of the older members remember him? Needless to say I'd love to see an archive thread of his work, if anyone has anything to contribute besides me.

M
      Thanks for including the link to my article - yes, Delcour had a couple of really good collections - used to be stocked at The Pineal Eye in London. Have been in touch with his old PR in Paris, they were going to try and have a hunt for archived images for me, will let you know what turns up.

JM

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

You're welcome, I enjoyed reading it . Looking forward to the images!
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎