X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

IE_Erik Ohrstrom

despite the seemingly shared aesthetics of current [sz-esque] artisan labels, somehow i find IE very refreshing in its simplicity and easiness... materials seem very comfy... reminds me of good ol' cdiem... a kind of 'back to basics'... a 'resetting'... ?

[perhaps i might be interpreting too much] but this first collection seems to be trying to find a 'grounding' to start developing/evolving from... looking forward to see how and where the designer, erik ohrstrom, takes the brand, shed the [obvious] influences and come into his own...

[ALL INFO FROM LAYERS LONDON]

IE started as a project based on minimal patternmaking and construction. Exploring structural yet anatomical shapes by creating flowing lines within the garments is a key process in Erik Ohrstroms work. Based in London, Erik juxtaposes artisanal techniques and traditional fabrics with modern methods of construction and patternmaking.

www.erikohrstrom.com

Last edited by surver; 08-17-2012, 06:46 PM.
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

some images from layers's site (http://www.layerslondon.com/menswear/ie/)

sorry don't know how to make the images smaller ;P

Last edited by admin; 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• nostromodo
      • Jan 2011

I like the pants fitted and shirts look so comfy and natural:)

Comment

• nellytheelephant
        • Mar 2008

Have a few pieces from IE now. The standard of fabric and cut, so often lacking in many brands, is really apparent in Eric's work.

Can't recommend enough for people to go and see for themselves.

Really looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Just bought those selvedge jeans in the bottom photo and have to say the fabric/construction/cut and fit are really stunning.
          Very nice collection and better once handled.
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Enaml
            • Apr 2009

Looks very cdiem-esque what with the simplicity, raw hems, raw flavors, etc. Very into it.
            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
              • Mar 2008

Got the same trousers also. Beautiful on. I mean this in the best possible way but they remind of something between MA+ and LUC.

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Last edited by eton97; 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM.
                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by surver View Post
                  despite the seemingly shared aesthetics of current [sz-esque] artisan labels, somehow i find IE very refreshing in its simplicity and easiness... materials seem very comfy... reminds me of good ol' cdiem... a kind of 'back to basics'... a 'resetting'... ?

[perhaps i might be interpreting too much] but this first collection seems to be trying to find a 'grounding' to start developing/evolving from... looking forward to see how and where the designer, erik ohrstrom, takes the brand, shed the [obvious] influences and come into his own...
                  ^dead on.

i've pared my own clothing options/interests down considerably over the last few years but, on a whim, took a chance on a pair of IE denim pants (the same that I think a few others mentioned above). They have to be the most comfortable slim pants I own. A combination of the material and the full lining maybe but I've been going to them nonstop for their comfort and versatility. Sure, the references are there. But so is the execution. I'm excited to see where this goes and glad that pricing seems to somewhat reflect its nascent stage...in the meantime, (the pants at least) highly recommended .

Comment

• dasi80
                    • Dec 2009

not only the pant is great, i recently bought 2 knits in darkgreen/grey (90%WO/10%PA) and a black one (100%WO), stunning quality and the 2-piece construction is very interesting and comfortable to wear.

By the way, i ordered the pant with belt loops and black lining.
                    I am a sz51 so wear 5 (52) with belt perfect and cut is still very slim but comfortable.

Will post some pics in the recent purchases, in the meantime:

Comment

• dasi80
                      • Dec 2009

Erik Ohrstrom 2012 from Erik Ohrstrom on Vimeo.

Comment

• DividedWay
                        • Oct 2012

IE's stuff looks absolutely fantastic... but because of the name, is impossible to google.

Does anyone have a fit pic that isn't layers models? For anything?

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DividedWay View Post
                          IE's stuff looks absolutely fantastic... but because of the name, is impossible to google.

Does anyone have a fit pic that isn't layers models? For anything?
                          Its a small company and the designer is taking his time to develop properly and control distribution correctly so you are not going to find much fit pics on google.

I'd say its best to contact one of the stockiest directly if you need details/ images of something in particular
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DividedWay
                            • Oct 2012

I've done that, and they look great- mostly I've found exactly 0 non-modeled fit pics (here or elsewhere) and I'd love to turn up a couple.

Images of IE denim (compared in a couple pics with CCP dead-ends?):

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

What beautiful simplicity of line. You see it in every piece.
                              I'd have commented much sooner, but I never saw this thread!

surver - that coat you posted up top, with the frayed front, is exceptional.
                              Pocket style + placement provide the perfect focal point(s).
                              sain't

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎