X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AVerdantShore
    • Jan 2011

Peak Lapel Sack Suit

I've been far too poor to afford anything, lately, so I decided to make a light suit, over the past few nights. This has been a rather fun project and a great learning experience. I did not create any pattern to speak of, which was probably lousy, in hindsight. ::: Single back vent, two pockets, partial lining ::: Four pocket pants ::: Partially, for fun and somewhat from a logistical standpoint, all buttons are the same size, but are mismatched, being from my great aunt's collection.

I believe I made the darting too severe in the body; the arms are too slim and I will be taking in the excessive drop of the crotch, for I fear it is too much--the resulting factor is that there is an odd, pronounced hourglass shape, or else I really need to lose some weight.

My camera is rather poor, as well--perhaps I shall try to take more pictures, at a later point.
  • samlasamla
    • Sep 2011

pretty cool. out of curiosity, what were the particular design inspirations for this piece?

Comment

• bryantyj
      • Jun 2010

I like the Jacket and the way the pockets are slightly opened...

Comment

• bryantyj
        • Jun 2010

Oh but not really my choice of colour. a navy would be perfect for a jacket like this haha.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by samlasamla View Post
          pretty cool. out of curiosity, what were the particular design inspirations for this piece?
          I used to work in menswear, but I don't make nearly enough money to buy clothes, anymore and making them is quite fun. I won't try to hide the allusions. There's a clear link to Geoffrey B. Small or Paul Harnden's work, whilst their pieces are derived from historical references.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
            • Jun 2011

Personally I think this would be awesome if you dyed it dark grey and swapped the buttons for matched black or even ivory or dark red for something more unique. As it stands the multicolored buttons make me think of an old timey clown.
            -v_o_t
            sale items

Comment

• AVerdantShore
              • Jan 2011

I quite agree with you and do think it would do better in grey--I will look into. I've been experimenting with making my own boiled leather buttons, but have been trying to use up this tin of my great aunt's buttons, just for memory's sake.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎