X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekinerkan
    • Jan 2013

LGB

Recently I was introduced to LGB - Le Grand Bleu - when talking to Maty from Alan Bilzerian. I don't know much about the brand, though I have read about the interesting boutique location in Tokyo. Any knowledge about the brand or designers behind it? Anything is appreciated. Thanks.
    “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
    The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
    The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
    That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
    And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
    Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
    Under the noses of the police officers,
    Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
    Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
    That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
    -- Paul Verlaine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Goth eurotrash. What else do you want to know?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

strange and kind of all over the place. I remember seeing some nice, slightly military influenced things years ago, but recently the little I've seen has indeed been trashy.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

it's a schizophrenic line from what i've seen. i love some of their labels like this one with the miniature metal crucifix.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I think the overall theme is 'rock 'n roll', with the few good things they design being made redundant by tie-dyes, studs or excessive distressing.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• chandler
            • Jan 2011

I think bilzerians selection is actually pretty interesting for the most part. I definitely don't see it as eurotrash. Maybe Japanese punk. Definitely has some attitude and kind of like the clothes to wear w a backlash or incarnation leather jacket.

Having said that, i have seen some LGB pieces, e.g., on Yoox, that were a little out there

Comment

• phiman
              • Dec 2011

kinda weird brand, I bought an LGB cardigan at The Library a bit over a year ago. Had never heard them before and tried to do some research afterwards but hardly found any information about them. Now that more of their stuff seems to be poppin up on the interwebz I must say I haven't seen anything I like besides the cardigan in my closet.. Faust's definition is pretty spot on.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎