X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shima
    • Jan 2009

Cedric Jacquemyn

Couldn't find any thread about this designer, so starting a thread here.

Found him first through Weekday's designer collaboration with his sublabel HRAUN and had to check him out after that.

From his website cedricjacquemyn.be:
    One of the 2010 alumni of the Antwerp Academy, fashion designer Cedric Jacquemyn has developed his darkly romantic menswear aesthetic into a ready-to-wear business, showcasing garments and accessories at the Paris, Berlin, London and Copenhagen fashion weeks.

Cedric's work is defined by a sensitive touch - sculpting natural fibres into slim, flowing garments imbued with historical, ethnic and mythical significance.

Cedric carries on a continuing artistic dialogue with the photographer Yves de Brabander, who's lens captures the brand's visual identity in arresting natural and manmade landscapes...
    Last edited by shima; 05-14-2013, 07:40 AM.
  • shima
    • Jan 2009

Comment

• FOREVER
      • Sep 2011

Had a fun chat with him 2 weeks ago and bought the Dyrfjoll pants (check my last waywt)

Cedric's very honest and straight-forward guy who enjoys every second of the artisinal clothing process.
      The jewelry is a whole 'nother thing. Inspired by the seed-preservation bunkers in Iceland he makes necklaces that preserve seeds inside. Quite quirky yet poetically inspiring if you want to. That perhaps is the Antwerp Academy gene in his work.

I hope he can keep things as authentic as they are right now, with the growing interest in his brands I can see him having some trouble with outsourcing parts of the work-process; everything the brand currently outputs is done under his supervision and with the people he knows and trusts - on a very local scale even; all in Antwerp.

It's easy to romanticize a designer that tries to stay true to himself and his small group of fans and friends. Let's hope he can keep us in love.

Comment

• kanne
        • Jun 2009

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Nice seeing some fresh blood in this section of the forum instead of just the usual suspects.

Thx for posting, and keep it coming, folks.
          sain't

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

^is it? this is why i've stopped buying clothes for the most part. everything is a tossed salad of rick, julius, bbs, etc. This looks like everything else. All that's left is CCP (except incarnation keeps sneaking into his lab too apparently)

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Please keep your salad-tossing to yourself, kunk.
              sain't

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

^ lol

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

excuse me but i need to gush here:

i just bought a ton of 'hraun by cedric jacquemyn' and the quality is superb. it has nothing in common with the other shit WEEKDAY sell ('hraun' is a line developed specifically for them).

design/fabrics/cuts/detailing are all top notch, materials are (afaik) sourced in japan/italy and the garments are manufactured in antwerp. just to give some examples: the zippers are all raccagni, lining edges are all beautifully trimmed, pants have super discreet darting making them fit like a glove, seaming is very carefully done...

i was instantly reminded of when i first bought damir doma's early stuff, when the garments were absolutely beautiful in design and quality (and were ridiculously under-priced...)

i seriously reccommend checking jacquemyn's work out - if his coming hraun collections are anything like the stuff i just bought, they are a total steal even at full retail.

and you can bet i will start exploring his eponymous line from now on as well.

sorry if this sounds like a bad marketing pitch - it's not. i have nothing to do with his business.

oh, and here's a pic of a few hraun pieces shown in his S/S 14 show. but you will want to see this stuff in person...

Last edited by Shucks; 08-06-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

Shucks: Nice stuff indeed. Is this in the Stockholm boutique on Drottninggatan? I rarely set my foot inside that store, but this could be the exception.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Thank you, Shucks. I was going to check it out this past season in Paris, but not enough hours in the day :(. I'm glad you like it, quality sounds good, and some fresh blood wouldn't hurt. :-)
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

just to be clear - he has two lines: his 'cedric jacquemyn' one (which is the main one), and the one he does specifically for selling through WEEKDAY, called 'hraun cedric jaquemyn'.

the hraun pieces i picked up are definitely worth their original retail price, which was around 480 euro for a beautifully cut wool blazer, to give an example. in fact, i'd say that's a bit under-priced.

i have trouble seeing how these hraun pieces could be considered to be part of a typical 'second line' or 'diffusion line' - for instance, they are waaay beyond damir doma's silent stuff, imho.

i expect the main collection is produced with more unusual (blended) materials, but i have yet to see it in person.
                        Last edited by Shucks; 08-06-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Aska
                          • Feb 2013

I can just agree with what Schucks said. Really nice quality fabrics (mostly silk, wool and linen blends) and well constructed. And everything is produced in Belgium which is nice. Picked up a pair of pants and a long sleeved top from the Hraun collection at weekday today. Would like to handle the other line as well, any one who knows any other stockists than Darklands?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

are there any webstores that carry the hraun stuff? i didn't see it on the weekend site.

Comment

• Danse Générale
                              • May 2011

hraun is only available at weekday.
                              as far as i know, the stuff is sold out atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎