X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haven
    • Oct 2011

LENTRIAN

Lentrian is a new artisan clothing label. AW13 is their debut collection which just hit the very limited amount of 3 worldwide stockists.

Crafted by Moroccan artisans, Lentrian is in a dialogue with the african berbers. Using their techniques and craftsmanship to create something unknown.

The garments are treated as an object traditionally, with ancient organic pigment in some of the oldest tanneries in the world, dating back to at least the ninth century.

This affiliation with the artisanal is influenced by Berlin's diverse cultural landscape, which informs Lentrian's varied fabrications which are characterized by raw and unique qualities.

Last edited by Haven; 08-17-2013, 01:30 PM. Reason: Adding link
  • AVerdantShore
    • Jan 2011

This IS a black and white photo, after all and I'm not getting a chance to engage in a tactile experience with the clothes. I'd love to give the brand the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not seeing anything that's even remotely new. Perhaps it serves as a means to assemble various things from designers that they seek to emulate and admire, but the references points are too damn obvious. I'd rather see something that looks like a wrinkled, classic notch lapel jacket that's been around forever, instead of seeing this and noting earlier iterations Boris, Rick, Obscur, MA+, Individual Sentiments, etc almost immediately. It is the store and customer's job to assemble these fragmented stories onto one person, not the designer.

This looks a lot like what I used to do and why I initially started making clothes and working in fashion--I couldn't afford what I wanted. That kind of approach doesn't work that well in a critical market, however and I merely made these clothes for myself, not others.

Again, I would gladly give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully they will expand their vision, but at the moment, this seems just like another brand that is crowding the niche. I hope that's not too harsh of a judgement upon my part. Please feel to delete this if it is deemed that I'm being unfair.

Comment

• gohn
      • Mar 2009

New designers are always welcome! but I can't tell much from those black/white and small pix. As averdantshore said the "earlier iterations" could be the challenge to the newcomer

Comment

• returningson
        • Aug 2012

might be worth a look. Like stated before nothing seems radically different and a black and white photo makes for a poor showcase but that vest in the lower left seems to have caught my eye...

Comment

• March27
          • Apr 2013

I'm happy to see new designer with "clean cut" and regular shape but especially fair prices.
          I hope he stays along this line because today's designers are the skyrocketing prices and in most cases these prices are unjustified!
          FOLLOW WHITE RABBIT

Comment

• Lo-ki
            • Jan 2011

As I filtered down I expected a little more ....
            Crafted by Moroccan artisans, ........ in a dialogue with the african berbers. ...... craftsmanship to create something unknown....... with ancient organic pigment... the oldest tanneries in the world.......... influenced by Berlin's diverse cultural landscape.......varied fabrications............ raw and unique qualities.
            I cant say I saw much of any in the collection really, this reads detail the b&w pictures do not.
            She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Heard or read somewhere that it is the same people at Obscur who designed Lentrian. Correct me if im wrong tho.

Comment

• purplerain1234
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                Heard or read somewhere that it is the same people at Obscur who designed Lentrian. Correct me if im wrong tho.
                Yes, Richard Söderberg is at least involved somehow but not sure to what extent. He is registered as a company substitute.

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
                  This IS a black and white photo, after all and I'm not getting a chance to engage in a tactile experience with the clothes. I'd love to give the brand the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not seeing anything that's even remotely new. Perhaps it serves as a means to assemble various things from designers that they seek to emulate and admire, but the references points are too damn obvious. I'd rather see something that looks like a wrinkled, classic notch lapel jacket that's been around forever, instead of seeing this and noting earlier iterations Boris, Rick, Obscur, MA+, Individual Sentiments, etc almost immediately. It is the store and customer's job to assemble these fragmented stories onto one person, not the designer.

This looks a lot like what I used to do and why I initially started making clothes and working in fashion--I couldn't afford what I wanted. That kind of approach doesn't work that well in a critical market, however and I merely made these clothes for myself, not others.

Again, I would gladly give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully they will expand their vision, but at the moment, this seems just like another brand that is crowding the niche. I hope that's not too harsh of a judgement upon my part. Please feel to delete this if it is deemed that I'm being unfair.
                  I've been to store that sell these. I think they're quite nice, especially this season leather jacket (calf i think).

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎