• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Christophe Lemaire

Since there isn't a thread for him yet I thought that I could start it off with a post from SZ of his 2014 S/S Women's collection.

"Christophe Lemaire gained his experience with Yves Saint Laurent and Thierry Mugler, where he completed his initial placements, then as assistant to Christian Lacroix from 1986 to 1990 at Jean Patou and Christian Lacroix. Twice winner of the Andam Prize, he launched his own label in 1991.

Christophe Lemaire has restored Lacoste’s iconic image as its artistic director in hardly ten years (from 2000 to 2010). He has taken the artistic direction of the brand Hermès for the women ready-to-wear from Autumn winter 2011."
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

A highly underrated designer who is doing great work. I go back and forth on his aesthetic (some of it is too 80s for me), but this collection looks GREAT.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dorje
      • Oct 2013

I really like some of his looks but have found it's not easy to incorporate with other items... I had the fw13 overshirt and it really didn't end up working with anything I had, not just style but the minimalist boxy cut made layering it difficult. The outerwear also has a certain cut, on the boxy side with loose sleeves, that creates a silhouette that requires a certain cut of pants to look right, kind of an oval/egg shape. Finally, I think it will work best on thinner folks, a figure with too much drop kills the silhouette and makes the fit look off. On the plus side the fabric and construction were beautiful.

So I like it... but it doesn't work with my body type or the rest of my wardrobe.

Comment

• Shifts
        • Jul 2013

Long interview with Lemaire up at Bon.se:

Comment

• BlacknWhite
          • Apr 2014

The F/W coats, specifically the Kaftan, are always on my radar.
          Fabrics are practical, but aren't the greatest, these past few seasons.
          Let's see what the men's F/W15 will be like.

edit:^that was a nice read, thanks. It's nice seeing a designer not give a fuck about designing just clothes.
          Last edited by BlacknWhite; 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎