X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

Limi Feu

Haven't seen this topic yet, and I am curious for your thoughts.

Limi Feu (born Limi Yamamoto) is a Japanese fashion designer. She started her label in 2000 and showed her clothes at Tokyo Fashion Week between 2000 and 2007. She made her Paris Fashion Week debut in October 2007 and was greeted with praise from fashion critics.

Feu is the daughter of designer Yohji Yamamoto.(She took a new name after stumbling upon the word "feu" in a French dictionary.

Fashion writers have pointed to similarities between the aesthetics of Feu and her father: they both employ dark colors, large volumes,layering, and asymmetry in their designs. They have also noted, however, that her designs are streetwise and have a rock attitude, whereas her father's designs were typically romantic.To celebrate Limi Feu's 10th Anniversary, Limi Yamamoto held a special showing in Tokyo that featured seven previously unseen looks: these designs paid homage to the old fashion guard, the father of modern day couture, Christian Dior.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/de...MIFEU/seasons/

http://limifeu.com

a fish out of water dies
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Plenty of discussion of her work in the Yohji Yamamoto thread. It was good for a few seasons, than seemed to peter out and finally drop off most people's radar altogether.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Sadly, she doesn't have much of a presence in the US anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if it was due to the fact that the last 2 or 3 seasons ran the gamut between being too cute and generally unflattering (but not all of it is like that, quite a few of her tops are very well cut and verge on quirky genius). When she instinctively channels the Yamamoto dna with her own aggressive nature the stuff is stellar. I believe her label was merged into the YY umbrella last year, so lets hope there is more to come.

IF still carries a miniscule amount of her work, thankfully, since I seem to find a least 1 top I wear to death from Limi every year. La Garconne use to carry the label and of course they had to pick this year to stop which sucks because she made some killer doc's I would have loved to have had...

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

She's still got it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

Ha! Just saw it on her facebook,instagram.

And I agree with what you said before, but I dont feel her work actually some things I do like in the video love the attached bag garments
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

love the bag garments.
            and the girl can cut a dress. remember the fitted bodice ones with the big skirts? I have one and have to hang it over a hanger its so heavy but fits like a dream.
            Attached Files

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

yes she can and I'm curious what garments you have, as I havent seen someone wear her stuff yet..sounds promising!
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• TheArchitect
                • Jul 2013

Her Father was talented, but unfortunately not her.
                https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

thats some great insight, thanks for sharing

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎