• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thomas Tait

I know we have a few seasonal threads on Thomas Tait, but no general thread. Here is my report from Pitti Uomo. Definitely one to watch.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thomas Tait quits runway shows. Will show in a showroom in Paris.

Further changes are afoot at London Fashion Week as the Canadian designer announces his departure from the schedule
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

With some insight, cost is probably a more important reason, but he does have a valid point. His work (and that of many others) really needs to be experienced close-up. The last runway show definitely failed to do justice to the collection.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

"Is the runway show a tired and outdated concept? Some designers certainly seem to think so"

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
        With some insight, cost is probably a more important reason, but he does have a valid point. His work (and that of many others) really needs to be experienced close-up. The last runway show definitely failed to do justice to the collection.

It cost a ton of money to put on runway shows and its going up exponentially. A lot of smaller companies are really struggling and fighting to find way to remain relevant and make the best use of the resources available to them. I am surprised Saunders closed his business.......its a Jungle out there.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎