• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Siki Im

Weird that we did not have a general thread on Siki Im. Hopefully my interview with Siki is a good place to start.

DESIGNER SIKI IM ON NINETIES, TECH NOSTALGIA, AND THE PARADOX OF YOUTH

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

good youth.......good interview
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I've noticed he's been getting more attention lately, between reviews/press, Woolmark prize, and an Iasora collaboration, which is great. It's also weird, because I think of him as very "SZ," and I don't usually think of SZ designers as getting much attention from mainstream fashion press except Rick. But it's definitely cool to see.

This quote was really great:

"Many people who were really into subcultures during my teenage years have become bourgeois, and that's kind of sad. Was it all just teenage angst or did they really believe in what they were doing?"

It's something I've thought a lot myself. I "grew up" once and it didn't work out, I had to admit to my teenage self "fine, you were right." Also liked that bit on honesty, there's so much that can be perceived as wrong, like being cliche or overcomplicated or too dramatic, but if it's honest, then it's just all you can be.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I am really happy Siki has been short-listed for the Woolmark prize this year. I hope he wins!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎