X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoonlightDragon
    • Jan 2016

Alessandro Trincone

After seeing Young Thug's new album cover, I became interested in the dress he was wearing and found out it belonged to a new collection from someone called Alessandro Trincone. The collection itself blew me away and I felt compelled to post it here.

A bit of background on him: he is a designer from Naples who graduated in fashion at Rome's Università La Sapienza in December 2012. He continued his studies with courses at the University of San Francisco and at Osaka Bunka Fashion College, in Japan.

His designs display exquisitely tailored details and bold, de-structured silhouettes, while all being rigorously gender-free. In his garments an expert eye will catch an intermingling of elements drawn from the Neapolitan culture of his origins and the time Alessandro spent in Japan.

Pictures and his clothes philosophy can be found here: https://www.notjustalabel.com/design...dro-trincone-0

Anyway, a few pictures now:

• MoonlightDragon
    • Jan 2016

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

OMG, putting boys into dresses - so avant-garde in 2016!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

it looks interesting, could be developed further as i see he is exploring some things technically that has become a dying art in fashion today.........BUT, as Faust said. he killed the strength of it by putting men in the dresses. that would have been shocking and revolutionary 2 decades ago. it looks "trying too hard" now.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          it looks interesting, could be developed further as i see he is exploring some things technically that has become a dying art in fashion today.........BUT, as Faust said. he killed the strength of it by putting men in the dresses. that would have been shocking and revolutionary 2 decades ago. it looks "trying too hard" now.
          I did enjoy the technical side of it, the grandiosity of it and the almost tessellating fabrics etc caught my eye.

As for the trying too hard, do you contend that it would have been better had women worn this? I would like to understand why this is trying too hard rather than simply an expression of his personal philosophy.

Comment

• matglenn
            • Jun 2016

I wouldn't subject Trincone's intent for the collection to be Avant-Garde in any way. It seems as though he is a designer that doesn't believe male/female gender binaries should influence his aesthetic decision making. Probably sounds a little cliché but I don't believe gender should be the topic of discussion for his work.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎