X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

Julian Rehbock

I came across this new designer on Instagram the other day -Julian Rehbock (yes, pronounced as Reebok!). Highly innovative approach to making garments resulting in paradoxically archaic looks.
    Worth checking out. Just Googled him and found this interview:

Would love to hear your thoughts.
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mne View Post
    I came across this new designer on Instagram the other day -Julian Rehbock (yes, pronounced as Reebok!). Highly innovative approach to making garments resulting in paradoxically archaic looks.
    Worth checking out. Just Googled him and found this interview:

Would love to hear your thoughts.
    2010 pounds for a draped linen jacket which allegedly took 30 hours to create. Problem is it doesn't look like its had 30 hours of work put into it (although I'm sure it has) and it ostensibly could just as easily have been made in flat pattern at a fraction of the time and cost. Which is not quite as bad as the 680 pound t-shirt, but alas it seems unnecessarily laborious, over priced and over designed for what the end product entails.
    Last edited by Law; 03-13-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Mojo1990
      The human element is definitely worth as much, if not more.
      Knock yourself out then.

Comment

• mne
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Law View Post
        2010 pounds for a draped linen jacket which allegedly took 30 hours to create. Problem is it doesn't look like its had 30 hours of work put into it (although I'm sure it has) and it ostensibly could just as easily have been made in flat pattern at a fraction of the time and cost. Which is not quite as bad as the 680 pound t-shirt, but alas it seems unnecessarily laborious, over priced and over designed for what the end product entails.

Fair enough. All feedback is much appreciated. I think it's always the question of whether the quality of the end product reflects the hours and effort put into creating them. It would be interesting to see and feel the garment to establish the value for money aspect.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

it looks interesting, Id love to see more pants and some tailoring, would give a better understanding of how the concept translate
          could be developed further, but those prices are fridiculous.
          these new "designers", i tell you.........
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎