• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Ivan Grundhal/Roy Krejberg

something REALLY GOOD is happening at Ivan Grundhal.
    Fall Winter 17.18 Magazine.
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by rider View Post
    something REALLY GOOD is happening at Ivan Grundhal.
    Fall Winter 17.18 Magazine.
    Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I don't think it is so interesting at all. It's nice, in a way that it reminds me of some of the golden years of Rick Owens (combination of smoke on the runway, antlers and the inclusion of fur and leather like FW08). I just simply don't think it is very progressive or exiting. There are so many of these 'Ann or Rick-like' designers out there now, it's just starting to get boring.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I don't think it is so interesting at all. It's nice, in a way that it reminds me of some of the golden years of Rick Owens (combination of smoke on the runway, antlers and the inclusion of fur and leather like FW08). I just simply don't think it is very progressive or exiting. There are so many of these 'Ann or Rick-like' designers out there now, it's just starting to get boring.
      no prob, of course your point of view is appreciated.
      Roy Krejberg has been around for quite awhile (Kenzo). I like where he is taking this label now, it seems even more influenced by Nordic culture than before, which I personally find appealing. I recently bought two dresses and both are simple, comfortable, user friendly and not overwrought with crap for the sake of throwing crap on. I kind of see why you might put this in the same well as "ann and rick" but I think if you look at the collection in person you might appreciate it more for its own identity.
      Did you ever see any of Peachoo + Krejberg? this is somewhat closer to that without all the heavy beadwork getting in the way.

Comment

• matglenn
        • Jun 2016

I saw a number of Ivan Grundhal's pieces at one of their stores in Copenhagen a few weeks ago. I was drawn into the store because they sell Yohji's clothes as well but i stayed and saw a few things. It was a little weird because I really wanted to enjoy the designs in a thoughtful way but there was something about the nature of the brand that made the experience feel underwhelming to me. I think that its as @beyondthemeans put it, there are so many designers doing such similar work but in more successful ways, it didn't make me feel anything that I would from some many other designers. That's not with the intent of reducing their practice or being negative, I think that as far as their geographic and cultural context goes they do put out some very nice objects that I would love to own. It feels cliché to judge a brand on originality and stuff, but I suppose that's how I felt at the time.

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Some nice pieces, but ultimately another "me too" brand.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎