X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

thanks for the feedback on the alterations. CCP jackets are cut rather oddly, THey are extremely tight on the arms, but not at all fitted on the body.There is almost (but not quite) an "A" shape to the body part, especially since the vent at the back is cut very high. With the taped versions, the body is quite "cardboard" like, so itdoes look a bit odd and stiff. The more I think about it the more I think the taping is gimmicky, and not only that is potentially deterimental to the overall look of the jacket.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]thanks for the feedback on the alterations. CCP jackets are cut rather oddly, THey are extremely tight on the arms, but not at all fitted on the body.There is almost (but not quite) an "A" shape to the body part, especially since the vent at the back is cut very high. With the taped versions, the body is quite "cardboard" like, so itdoes look a bit odd and stiff. The more I think about it the more I think the taping is gimmicky, and not only that is potentially deterimental to the overall look of the jacket.[/quote]
      </p>

My Salomon ski jacket has taped seams. Woot!</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]thanks for the feedback on the alterations. CCP jackets are cut rather oddly, THey are extremely tight on the arms, but not at all fitted on the body.There is almost (but not quite) an "A" shape to the body part, especially since the vent at the back is cut very high. With the taped versions, the body is quite "cardboard" like, so itdoes look a bit odd and stiff. The more I think about it the more I think the taping is gimmicky, and not only that is potentially deterimental to the overall look of the jacket.[/quote]</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

I wouldn't wear them (don't do pagoda shoulders, trumpet sleeves, stiff suitsand other peculiar CCP details) but I think they can look good when paired with the right outfit. </P>

BTW altering a suit jacket like this is not that hard; you either cut the sleeve at the bottom and have your tailor move the buttons (easy with non-working buttonholes and regular sleeves-CCP are rather trumpetlike) or at the shoulder (more expensive but a good tailor won't mess it up). I don't like the look of overlong sleeves on a CCP jacket, although just North of what is acceptable is often a nice touch.</P>
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• uparmoured
          • Sep 2007

I think similar to the CCP leather, the suits need to be broken in... The fabric is quite stiff especially in the 3D construction of the jacket... But I am actually fine with the length of the sleeves in this instance and they don't look too bad neatly folded up as well.</p>

Exhibit A
          </p>

I think that the length in the pants give the piece character as well... Like I said to diamonds and chris onsuperfuture, I see the bunching in the pants as an aesthetic nod to the signature Poell Twisted Seam/J Pants...
          </p>

If I wanted a suit that fits in the traditional sense I would not have to look far in my wardrobe at the ones I need to wear on a daily basis... The top and bottom are both amazing pieces in their own right so the plan is to break up the pairing every now and then and mix things up... Maybe down the road I may consider some slight tailoring... For now I will just enjoy the pieces in their virginal state...
          </p>
          FS: M.A+
          FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• macuser3of5
            • Sep 2006

In all honesty, it will really look better with shorter sleeves, they look a bit silly folded up. Especially given the 1 button closure &amp; overall shape and length of the jacket. Also, the pants above are hemmed a lot shorter, there appears to be just a tad of break. Stacked dress pants, while maybe a nod to the twisted seams, just don't look good, IMO.

Comment

• Purity
              • Apr 2007

I love that suit! Has anyone tried it? Does anyone know the price?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

it's like wearing a thom browne suit. not trad, but another take.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

a few people on the board own the suit. the price at A is around $3,200.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• nycd
                    • Oct 2006

I agree. CCP jackets are definitely made for a particular body style. And the 'A' suit jacket is cut differently from his other jackets. It has a lot more room across the chest and shoulders. The sleeves are about the same length, but the width at the cuff is about an inch larger than his 'regular' jackets. Also my arms are really long - I have trouble finding suit jackets that can be let out enough to fit.

[quote user="uparmoured"]

I think similar to the CCP leather, the suits need to be broken in... The fabric is quite stiff especially in the 3D construction of the jacket... But I am actually fine with the length of the sleeves in this instance and they don't look too bad neatly folded up as well.</p>

I think that the length in the pants give the piece character as well... Like I said to diamonds and chris onsuperfuture, I see the bunching in the pants as an aesthetic nod to the signature Poell Twisted Seam/J Pants...
                    </p>

If I wanted a suit that fits in the traditional sense I would not have to look far in my wardrobe at the ones I need to wear on a daily basis... The top and bottom are both amazing pieces in their own right so the plan is to break up the pairing every now and then and mix things up... Maybe down the road I may consider some slight tailoring... For now I will just enjoy the pieces in their virginal state...
                    </p>[/quote]

Comment

• Purity
                      • Apr 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]a few people on the board own the suit. the price at A is around $3,200.
                      [/quote]

I see, so it's quite reasonable :D

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                        • Aug 2007

i dont think uparmoured it too far off some of the ccplookbook pics with the 'stack.', no? obviosuly its a bit (or maybe way) more over-the-top but i get where he's comin from... </P>

</P>

Comment

• simontuntelder
                          • Oct 2007

Hello everybody, I have been peeping at your posts for a long time and I just want to say that you all pull it off in such a beautifull way. Eventhough it is not my style anymore I really appreciate this forum and how fanatic you are about everything concerning your style.</P>
                          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Cheers and keep posting pics</P>

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

</P>

rick owens
                            attachment
                            attachment hi-tops</P>
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="simontuntelder"]

Hello everybody, I have been peeping at your posts for a long time and I just want to say that you all pull it off in such a beautifull way. Eventhough it is not my style anymore I really appreciate this forum and how fanatic you are about everything concerning your style.</p>
                              <p mce_keep="true"></p>

Cheers and keep posting pics</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Thank you.</p>
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
                                • Sep 2007

HORSECHEEKS

DEMUCDEMCDIEM
                                </p>
                                FS: M.A+
                                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

Working...