X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Sizing help

I guess this can become a post for sizing references- as I assume most of us like brands we can't always try on.

I myself need some help with ann dem. sizing as I've never bought a piece from her. What would a US38 / IT48 generally fit into for her jackets/shirts?

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sizing help

That's a good idea. If you are looking at the last few season's,
    Ann's sizing can be unpredictable. Usually you will be Okay with
    size Small for a 38, but she does have some very slim cut jackets that
    are more of a 36 in Small. It might be of help if you can post a
    picture of the actual piece.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Faust you bring up a good point about Ann Dem's different sizing.
      Some size small shirts from certain seasons fit me well
      (38-40US). I would be scared to buy any of her things without
      trying it on first.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]Faust you bring up a good point about Ann Dem's different sizing.
        Some size small shirts from certain seasons fit me well
        (38-40US). I would be scared to buy any of her things without
        trying it on first.
        [/quote]

Yep,
        that's true. She used to be incredibly consistent, now more
        things are slimmer, which is fine, I guess, but does not work on me too
        well. I like fitted, but not skinny, personally. I check
        out her stuff very closely every season, both men's and women's and the
        men's cuts changed slightly since she went with the standalone mens
        show.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

thinking about the jacket on LVR right now. don't know if its worth the full price purchase or not (it's kinda against my shopping rules to buy things full price... but i'm getting a raf hoodie at full price :P). but its only available in M.

LVR link

have you seen this in NYC? at a cheaper price perhaps?

Comment

• kucejoe
            • Sep 2006

I have a question about Carol Christian Poell sizing for shirts. I am usually around a 46 (a small) and I also like stuff to be fitted, even skinny, but not too tight.
            Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

i would go for a 46. he's pretty spot on with sizing in my experience with his blazers, shirts, and pants.

Comment

• kucejoe
                • Sep 2006

Okay thanks, the reason I asked was that a sized 48 short sleeve turtleneck just popped up on ebay and it got me intrigued.
                Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

thinking about the jacket on LVR right
                  now. don't know if its worth the full price purchase or not (it's
                  kinda against my shopping rules to buy things full price... but i'm
                  getting a raf hoodie at full price :P). but its only available in
                  M.

LVR link

have you seen this in NYC? at a cheaper price perhaps?

[/quote]

Yea,
                  I tried it on. Very fitted. M is good if you are 38 and
                  will want to wear a sweater under it. Much more expensive than this,
                  but different fabric, I believe

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

xcoldricex, I've tried that Annjacket on too and I'm very tempted by it. The long sleeves are lovely when you fold them over. Medium fitted me well, which probably means it's a large-ish medium, so I'm wondering if Faust tried on a different jacket altogether. I normally wear 48-50 and I have pretty broad shoulders. It was £420 at Dover Street Market I think (pretty close to this price in euros). At the time I thought it was very good value, but I was assuming it was made of wool. It feels like a fine wool but looking at this listing I suppose the wool is the sleeves and the body is in heavy cotton. Still a very nice jacket. And it looked great with one of Ann's chunky knit hood/scarves.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

xcoldricex, I've tried that Annjacket on too and I'm very tempted by it. The long sleeves are lovely when you fold them over. Medium fitted me well, which probably means it's a large-ish medium, so I'm wondering if Faust tried on a different jacket altogether. I normally wear 48-50 and I have pretty broad shoulders. It was £420 at Dover Street Market I think (pretty close to this price in euros). At the time I thought it was very good value, but I was assuming it was made of wool. It feels like a fine wool but looking at this listing I suppose the wool is the sleeves and the body is in heavy cotton. Still a very nice jacket. And it looked great with one of Ann's chunky knit hood/scarves.

[/quote]

Hah, interesting! Maybe I just gained weight in the past year [:P]. We had to have tried on the same jacket. The wool feels so good because of ramie mixed in. The price sounds right, it's $950 at IF boutique in New York.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

Definitely not intending to cast doubt on your physique Faust!

So are you saying the body is made of wool, or that it's cotton with ramie mixed in? I can't believe I've forgot to check the materials on the label when I was in the shop. NY price sounds very expensive by the way, 590 euros or 420 pounds both work out as less than $800.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Definitely not intending to cast doubt on your physique Faust!

So are you saying the body is made of wool, or that it's cotton with ramie mixed in? I can't believe I've forgot to check the materials on the label when I was in the shop. NY price sounds very expensive by the way, 590 euros or 420 pounds both work out as less than $800.

[/quote]

Hahaha :-) The body is made of wool with ramie mixed in, that's what adds it a little texture, softness and the jet black color. I agree on the prices - I don't know why everyone is bitching about London - for me after the VAT discount this jacket will look much more appealing in London than in New York. By the way, next time you look at the tag, note that the tag is in three languages, English, French, and Russian [:)] See, Russians don't only wear Versace ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                            • Sep 2006

So in fact the sleeves are cotton not wool? Something must be cotton judging by the luisviaroma caption. I think I really need this jacket. Faust - with the VAT taken off you would get it for £357 ($669), which is an excellent price for an Ann winter jacket I think. Too brilliant... I must have it for myself!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

So in fact the sleeves are cotton not wool? Something must be cotton judging by the luisviaroma caption. I think I really need this jacket. Faust - with the VAT taken off you would get it for £357 ($669), which is an excellent price for an Ann winter jacket I think. Too brilliant... I must have it for myself!

[/quote]

I think there are simply two versions of this jacket. A third version was made for women in leather.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎