X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malek
    • Sep 2006

my fashion sketches

I'm trying to sell some of my fashion drawings, and i don't know for how much i should give them away!
    These drawings can not be used for decorative means, but more for the ideas they offer (may be useful to young designers or fashion students etc...)

On ebay, i put a price of around 60 euros for 3 drawings (which is about 70 dollars).

Can someone tell me if this is too much?

Thanx [:)]

You can seeexamples of these drawings on www.malek.fr

• rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

Re: Choosing a price for my sketches

It's hard to tell, to be honest, and there is no standard/textbook answer.

In terms of the art world, provenance and exhibition history count for a lot for beginning/younger artists. Have you received any awards for your work? Have your drawings been featured in any exhibitions, shows, etc? Any of these things will help to add value to them and you should list these on your auction page. Also, have you ever worked/interned for a well-known designer? If you are still in school, is it a fairly well known school?

It is important to list these things on your auction page because while $60 isn't a lot for drawings in general, it is a lot considering anybody can download images for free. While Karl Lagerfeld wouldn't have to list something like that, because everybody knows his name, younger designers/artists/etc. have to list these things because very few people have heard of them or their work. Overall, the question you should ask yourself is, "What is it about my drawings that would entice someone to pay that much for them?" When you have that answer, utilize it and put it on your auction page.

Again, I'm not saying that's a high price at all, I'm just trying to give you a few things to think about as you determine your asking prices.

Hope it helps!

Comment

• malek
      • Sep 2006

Thanx for the answer [:)]

Comment

• fourboltmain
        • Sep 2006

Sounds more like you're doing blank drawing of people so others can draw over them or use them as a resource. If that's the case, do a lot, scan them and zip them up in a PDF and then sell them as a book to design students and what not. PDF's are easy to copy, so maybe a better idea would be to print them at a Kinko's and get them bound there, you can do many fairly cheap.

If it's a commissioned thing or fine art, all you need is to hype yourself up somehow and create a demand by selling to hipsters with disposable income. Set a higher price and then settle for what you really want.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
          • Sep 2006

fourboltmain, just outta intense curiosity, do you ever sell any of your cool artworks?

Comment

• malek
            • Sep 2006

my fashion sketches

Hello everyone :)

I'm back to share with you the new version of my website www.malek.fr

It includes 3 new fashion designs (in the "Fashion Drawings" section)plus new sections like photography or a blog... The old collections are now stored in the "Fashion Archives".

Tell me what you think of it!

Many thanks for the previous feedback I had.

Malek.

PS: Don't forget to vote for your favourite design because it determines which one stays and which one leaves the competition ;)

Comment

• darkanimal
              • Sep 2006

Re: my fashion sketches

Is that a castle in the middle of nowhere? OML[:O] How did you get that high angle shot? And I just have some minor usability issues with the website, but I will save that for next time after I go through all the pages, in the meantime, I will vote!

Comment

• malek
                • Sep 2006

Lol
                Thanx darkanimal, i'll be waiting for your full comments!

What you saw is actually a monastery, the Mont Saint-Michel (it's like one of the most visited places in France).I took the picture from a small plane my friend was practicing on... It's one of the most beautiful places I've seen in my life. If you come to France, you should definitely visit it (try to avoid japanese tourists though lol[:)] )

Comment

• darkanimal
                  • Sep 2006

I will definitely check this place out and prolly during night time, I actually wanted to visit Versailles when I was in France 2 weeks ago, but of course time was too short. How is the commute from Paris to Versailles in case you've been there already?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="darkanimal"]I will definitely check this place out and prolly during night time, I actually wanted to visit Versailles when I was in France 2 weeks ago, but of course time was too short. How is the commute from Paris to Versailles in case you've been there already?
                    [/quote]

The choice between a Rick Owens boutique and Versailles is no choice at all!!![;)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
                      • Sep 2006

Lol Faust! I know.

One day, I will be standing here admiring the fairy tale view, wearing a newly acquired CCP boots [:D]

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Malek, I like the graphics on your website a lot. I like how you see paper on a computer screen. I miss just writing by hand on paper sometimes, or handling a physical book and not a printout, so it's a good reminder to see paper on screen, a little ironic too.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• malek
                          • Sep 2006

Thanx faust ! [:D]

Comment

• malek
                            • Sep 2006

hello everyone!

I just want to tell you that i updated my website www.malek.fr with new fashion designs and some photographies... So i'm inviting you to look at them and leave a comment if you want to :)

Don't forget to vote for you favourite design on the website!

Thanx!

Comment

• Chessy Wiz
                              • Dec 2006

Love your work.

ITs the best.

Im perticularley found of the pink and black top...

its casual and flirty....if only i could buy my firend that instead of juicy couture panties[:(]

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎