X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Isamu Katayama Backlash

I don't really know the history of this guy- so if buckwheat could perhaps fill in. He seems to use a lot of cotton/leather in his pieces. He does various renditions of leather shirts- such as a plaid leather shirt. Also does various bags and pouches.

• xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Isamu Katayama Backlash

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

No I have never heard of him coldrice. But I did googled him and here is a little background and interview of him (in Japanese)

A bit of rocker/C Diem-ish style?

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

oops, i thought you were runner for some reason. has runner made it here yet?

Comment

• May 2007

I picked this overcoat up last year at the Library in London and thought it was incredible.

It's a brown rubberish/stretchy leather supposedly from the same source as Guidi. Lots of amazing details, inner and outer zipper in front, the "tails" of the back of the jacket and sleeves can be buttoned up to create a clean straight line, and a great slim fit. Fits better than these pictures show - I took a few quick snaps while putting some things on ebay. Should probably be on recent purchases but I thought since it's a single piece from a designer that doesn't get much SZ love I'd post it here

Comment

• stadsvandringar
              • Aug 2008

Backlash really should get more love on SZ. So much detail goes into their leathers, and it is really great quality. I think one of the major limiting factors in its popularity here is that it only has very limited distribution outside of Japan. But then again, that hasn't stopped brands like individual sentiments from gaining a following on here.

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

Never heard of it but looks great as far as I can tell. Don't like the leather treatment on limit's jacket though

Comment

• reborn
                  • Aug 2008

I've like their leathers. Amalga (in NYC) has the some pieces as well as footwear. AB in Boston carries a few leather pieces as well.

Comment

• nqth
                    • Sep 2006

i've just found out there's a 2009 documentary about him. "Artisanal Life" dir. by Koichi Makino.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎