X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Faust"]Hey Albert, can you take a close look at stuff by Isaac Selaam Experience, when you are at The Library? I'd be curious to hear what you think.
    [/quote]

Absolutely Faust. It'd be my pleasure to.

I'm very excited to check out some Gustavolins pieces in person as well. The photos/selection available online is so limited. The prices are definitely insane for it though.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
      • Dec 2006

wow i'm excited by all the CCP pieces people are picking up! i am really interested in the jeans, and the overlock shirts! i can't afford the leather jackets...anybody know how much the overlock shirts or j-shaped jeans run? i really like the overlock jeans and twist jeans (!!!) but haven't seen much around (though i know Chinorlz just sold the pair on cycle-two =/ ).

i have an unworn (new w/ original tag) Gustavo LinsF/W 06/07 black button-down dress shirt w/ black calf leather piping(on inside, collar, etc)...size 2 but fits me perfectly i am a 38/48. i tried on the size 3, 40/50, and it was almost identical, the shoulders and length was virtually identical, just the sleeves *slightly* longer and the arms *slightly* baggier...i have not worn it at all yet because i'm not sure if i can afford it haha. i am possibly interested in trading it for some Poell though!! perhapsa pair ofjeans or overlock shirt?

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

i'm really intrigued by some pics i've seen of Isaac Sellam Experience as well. "doors by jas m.b." has a few pieces which look nice. i will check the Archive in SF when i get a chance, i believe they sell both Isaac Sellam and Gustavo Lins.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="Faust"]Hey Albert, can you take a close look at stuff by Isaac Selaam Experience, when you are at The Library? I'd be curious to hear what you think.
          [/quote]

Absolutely Faust. It'd be my pleasure to.

I'm very excited to check out some Gustavolins pieces in person as well. The photos/selection available online is so limited. The prices are definitely insane for it though.

[/quote]

Yea, Isaac Selaam is about half of what Lins charges. To paraphrase Zam, it's "near-to-affordable"

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

i tried googling for Isaac Selaam Experience and found nothing. if anyone has any pictures could they start another thread and post the pictures?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i tried googling for Isaac Selaam Experience and found nothing. if anyone has any pictures could they start another thread and post the pictures?
              [/quote]

Sorry, I misspelled it, it's Isaac Sellam.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

wow i'm excited by all the CCP pieces people are picking up! i am really interested in the jeans, and the overlock shirts! i can't afford the leather jackets...anybody know how much the overlock shirts or j-shaped jeans run? i really like the overlock jeans and twist jeans (!!!) but haven't seen much around (though i know Chinorlz just sold the pair on cycle-two =/ ).

i have an unworn (new w/ original tag) Gustavo Lins F/W 06/07 black button-down dress shirt w/ black calf leather piping (on inside, collar, etc)...size 2 but fits me perfectly i am a 38/48. i tried on the size 3, 40/50, and it was almost identical, the shoulders and length was virtually identical, just the sleeves *slightly* longer and the arms *slightly* baggier...i have not worn it at all yet because i'm not sure if i can afford it haha. i am possibly interested in trading it for some Poell though!! perhaps a pair of jeans or overlock shirt?

[/quote]

Yea, the jeans and overlock shirts are awesome. I just recently tried on the jeans and they were the best pair of jeans I have ever tried on, hands down but $1170 is just too much I think. As for the shirts, they usually run anywhere from $400-800, but I don't think he did any overlock versions for this Spring. The shirts he did do are really nice though, the 'rain' pattern shirt that A got is fantastic!
                Also, dependent upon your size, there is a pair of jeans and twist trousers on Y!.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

Guys thanks for the replys to the Tape question. I just found a book that spotlighted an art/fashion project were the artist used a tape to construct entire garments, mainly knits. The tape is permanent though, that is what I'm looking for. E-mailing 3M today.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    • Sep 2006

I want the overlock leather jacket. 5280 at maxfield
                    the one jude law has. how much would you save by ordering a lazzari
                    would save 20 percent vat?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="madeinmaranell0"]I want the overlock leather jacket. 5280 at maxfield
                      the one jude law has. how much would you save by ordering a lazzari
                      would save 20 percent vat?
                      [/quote]

Cost of the jacket minus VAT is 2454 Euro=$3,300
                      Shipping/Customs fees are 300 Euro=$403

So it should cost around $3700-3800 compared to the 5g's or more here in the U.S.

Comment

• Anonymous
                        • Sep 2006

wow over a K saved huh
                        well I mean I dont really feel safe ordering from a webstie though. Even though thers have
                        does anyone know how much it would cost at L'ecrulair in paris?

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Lazzari is incredibly legit. Myself and countless others on this forum have ordered through them before and I don't think there is a bad thing to say yet.
                          I actually just contacted L'eclaireur yesterday about thier CCP stock and the lady who got back to me said they would not take tax off for shipping to the United States. Something about the piece costing too much and there being no returns or exchanges.
                          Your best bet (if that jacket on Lazzari is your size) is to order through them. A great savings and my pants I ordered took 5 days to get to California!

FYI, I believe that jacket 'might' be cheaper at A than Maxfield, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            • Sep 2006

Hmm,
                            Would they sen it as a giFT? Or the usa customs will total around 400 ?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="madeinmaranell0"]Hmm,
                              Would they sen it as a giFT? Or the usa customs will total around 400 ?
                              [/quote]

No, they wont send it as a gift because then it cannot be insured for it's proper price. Even with the high customs fees, you still save over $1,000 which is huge!

Comment

• explicit
                                • Jan 2007

^^^ I'll also attest to the quality of service and the speed of shippng with regard to Lazzari. I ordered from them and it took a total of four days to arrive in the great midwestern wasteland that I live in.

I have nothing bad at all to say; they where incredibly helpful and answered all my questions rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎