X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Hate to punch the balloon off your excitement.. but the one that Jude law is wearing, what Maxfield has is no where to be found on the Lazzari website. The ones on Lazzari are the hard leather ones and most of it has the white stitching. The one that Jude law is wearing is all black.. I believe that Atlier is selling it for 4900 or 5100.. but knowing Atelier probably will slap on a hefty fee of shipping as well.. (they justify that you don't have to pay tax so you pay higher shipping) would be about the same as Maxfield I think.

I personally have also ordered from Lazzari before and yes they are very good and efficient. It is just depend on what you are after.

Be careful also with the sizing of the jacket.. they really have CRAZY fitment every season and in the same size 50... is different size different season.. even same style/construction. Since everything is ARTISANALLY made.

I now just got hold of the Albert's green CCP leather jacket .. and yes it does change in tone color as it is under different light. So it is not green per say... kind of like chamelion.. Whats even more amazing is that the color will fade/change as you keep bending the leather(or where you keep stretch your leather ie elbow) so that it moulds to the shape of your body. Something that I really like about the cloth become part of you...

I have also just received the black CCP leather jacket. It is very different from the green CCP leather jacket. The leather IS softer then the green one. Unfortunately it does not have its own shape as the green one. Although it is solid black... I am yet to analyze more..

Yes.. don't ask.. I paid almost double the price of what Albert paid for his CCP since he got to it earlier than I did.. and yes I am nearly broke with my bank.. hhehehehe... so now.. I can't get damn Rick Owens and Neil Barrett.. even though they are on sale.. [:(] oh... how I wish I am rich..

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Sometimes we must suffer for what we want most no?

Can't wait to see photos of the overlocks being worn by you ionn26!

The sizing definitely changes from season to season. It's pretty crazy but like you said, it's because it is artisanally made. I know the stiff overlock jackets are dyed when wet (I believe the steps are leather is tanned, cut, stitched, overlocked, object dyed, then hot air dried) and so the shrinkage is irregular and somewhat unpredictable. It's almost a testament to Poell's understanding and mastery over his materials that he can at least approximate what the sizings will be like for at least each piece of each style every season.

With so few of these jackets made, it's still great that you were able to get one and in your size! I'm still amazed at how fast the fencing jackets disappeared. They flew off of the shelves at Atelier and Lazzari faster than any other piece I've ever seen. Probably also because they had a smaller run (I think it was in the thirties in terms of total number made.... can't remember what Khiev said when he got his).

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Albert... I don't think I suffered to get what I want.. I think my wallet suffered.. heheheh.. I am just been silly..

I broke my camera.. a LONG LONG TIME ago.. and since I am stuck at work most of the time.. I haven't got around to buying a new camera yet... so the photos have to wait.. yes mine said it was only 36 were made. I don't know if it was 36 pieces of the same size or same style or same color.. thats very ambiguous. I am yet to find the number one... heheheh.. talk about been getting the first piece...now that would be a task... and luck of the draw...

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

ionn-I would definitely say you made the right choice of getting the Poell leather over RO or the like, if I could afford one right now, I would be set! [:)] Definitely my favorite pieces of clothing by Poell are his leather jackets, the dying and leather are just amazing.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Also, I couldn't find this info anywhere, but does anyone know of an email for The Library in London?

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

ugh... library is terrible at responding you the emails... they are better at phone.. don't have it off here... will get it to you when I get back home...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Here's their phone number Cas: 020 7589 6569

That's too bad that you can't snap photos Ionn! Ah well, it's alright hehe. Yes my leather jacket I think was out of the same total series of 33 (#5). At first I wondered if #1 was kept by Carol as part of his personal collection (one would assume that any fashion house keeps at least 1 of every item produced by them) but then I saw on Lazzari that they are selling #1 of 10 of the reversible paper/leather bomber jackets.

What goes on there at the CCP factory/atelier is a bit of a mystery no? hahaha

Cas, the leather jackets are definitely less than $4k when purchased through Lazzari as you get a discount with VAT removed as you are familiar with with the pants you got from them. It makes it not as bad considering some of the RO leather jackets this season are $2500!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
                  • Feb 2007

Yes Albert.. I agree with your comparison of CCP vs RO.. but I remember you mentioned that RO leather jacket always goes on sale...so.. the comparison may not be so justified... plus... CCP stuff hardly goes on sale.. for one I know the boots and leather jacket for ALL shops that carries them NEVER put them on sale.. whereas RO will always make it to the sale...

I didn't see it on Lazzari that it says #1... will have to look it closer... I thought the reversible paper/leather was really nice... but never a fan of bomber.. especially if I have the choice of choosing between the bomber and the overlock...As with the numbering.. it sure is a big mystery what goes on in CCP studio...

Lastly, I just noticed.. that my black soft leather overlock didn't have the rusted hook at the end of the arm where the wrists are, or should I say the other side that the rusted hook is suppose to hook onto(I hope this make sense). Whereas my green ones have both sides alone the arm. I checked carefully if it was fell off or something, but looks like CCP forgot to put it on.. and now forcing me to wear it open.. (May be thats why Jude law wore his open too.. because it could not be hooked together). Talk about been.. real artisanal...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Hehe, actually you're mostly right that the comparison would be erroneous. I guess it applies if you are willing to pay full retail on both. At the same time, in Hong Kong they put CCP on sale (it's how I got my overlock jeans and how coldrice got his overlock leather jacket) so it's quite a great deal!

Pity that the hooks aren't present in the cuffs of your black soft leather jacket! I personally don't bother closing the cuffs on mine as the leather was dried and processed so that they seem to want to stay open.

Definitely take a look at the paper/leather bomber description page on Lazzari. They note the number of the jacket that they offer. It seems like they only received ONE of each! Talk about limited... I think the shoes they're selling on their site are quite limited as well (20 pairs or so) based on what someone who ordered them here on SZ said... may have been Johnny.

I've never gotten a chance to see his laceup shoes in person. I hope that some will be around next week in London and Paris.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Hong Kong eh? [:D] Might have to look into that. And I'm trying to hopefully bank on the fact RO makes it to sale so I can nab one of those jackets. But anyway.....

...So I found the email to The Library (on Gieves website no less) and they responded VERY quickly. Middle of the night here in Cali in fact. I'm recieving pictures as we speak! [:)] haha

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

Actually.. yes HK does give discount to the CCP stuff.... it is Joyce who carries it.. but the issue is now Joyce does not carry CCP anymore.. last time I checked... and it was about a month ago.

And with RO.. yes they do make it on sale Casius... but don't bank on Atelier for the sale.. bank on Barneys........ I picked up the white leather winter jacket from Barneys last season for 80% off... pretty incredible... [:D] just got to hold off on the impulse to buy it at 40% off and really be patient waiting until 80% off...

As with the library.. well.. they will respond quickly if they think you are a good potential buyer.. hehehe... but their CCP runs at $5300USD approx... which is more expensive than Atelier...again.. Cas... unless they have something that you really really want and no one has it... otherwise.. your best bet is Lazzari

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Thanks ionn! 80% off is fantastic!

The prices at the Library seemed comparable to Atelier, if not some things were a tad bit cheaper, but not a lot thanks to the pound being so much more than the dollar. I would agree Lazzari has some of the best prices, but not a huge CCP buy (unless they stock more in store and don't show it online, which could very well be possible). The Library did however have some things that other places did not carry, which I am assuming is because of thier long standing relationship with Carol.

Also, thier customer service was bar none, so I have no problem shopping with places like that. L'Eclaireur on the other hand wasn't as easy to deal with....

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Thanks ionn! 80% off is fantastic!

The prices at the Library seemed comparable to Atelier, if not some things were a tad bit cheaper, but not a lot thanks to the pound being so much more than the dollar. I would agree Lazzari has some of the best prices, but not a huge CCP buy (unless they stock more in store and don't show it online, which could very well be possible). The Library did however have some things that other places did not carry, which I am assuming is because of thier long standing relationship with Carol.

Also, thier customer service was bar none, so I have no problem shopping with places like that. L'Eclaireur on the other hand wasn't as easy to deal with....

[/quote]

Don't forget the 15% VAT discount (which will probably be offset by shipping and customs :-( )

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

^^^^ Yea, getting the VAT back is nice. I did order from them today, not sure what the shipping cost is going to be, hopefully nothing too bad. The man I talked to did say they ship everything as a 'gift' which was nice to hear.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]^^^^ Yea, getting the VAT back is nice. I did order from them today, not sure what the shipping cost is going to be, hopefully nothing too bad. The man I talked to did say they ship everything as a 'gift' which was nice to hear.[/quote]

Cool, what did you get?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎