X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

WTB Helmut Lang F/W 04 T-shirt

I would be so happy if I could find this t-shirt, I remember the print is by a famous artist but I can't recall who. A sz. small in any color unworn or gently worn would be preferable. I see there's one on ebay size M but it looks pretty beat up.
    Here are some pics:
    http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P057.html
    http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P059.html
    http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P060.html
    music
  • rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

Re: WTB Helmut Lang F/W 04 T-shirt

That's a cool t-shirt. The print is by Louise Bourgeois, who is a friend of Lang. The best place to keep looking is Ebay, honestly, although yoox will have them from time to time. Also, if you speak Japanese, Yahoo Japan auctions or Rakuten is a great place to find Lang items.

Good luck!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I would be so happy if I could find this t-shirt, I remember the print is by a famous artist but I can't recall who. A sz. small in any color unworn or gently worn would be preferable. I see there's one on ebay size M but it looks pretty beat up.
      Here are some pics:
      http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P057.html
      http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P059.html
      http://www.nordstrom.firstview.com/MENfall2004/HELMUT_LANG/P060.html

[/quote]

I've seen them in consignment stores in NYC. I'll keep an eye out for you. What's your budget (you can PM me)? This way I can buy on the spot.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Yea, I remember seeing it on yoox a long time ago but only in sz. L, I almost ordered it anyway and was going to try to tailor it, but I decided that was ridiculous just for a t-shirt. I would prefer it in any color but white. The tan one would be the best and sz. Small. If it was new, like off yoox or an outlet I would pay up to $150, I would hate to pay a lot for a used tee, but if it's the perfect size/color and in good condition I would pay up to $100. I forgot how much I liked it until I saw the one that recently went on ebay, but like I said it was white, sz. M and looked a bit beat up. If only I had mastered the fine art of the charge/send when it came out, I would have gotten it from Helmut Lang New York, because I knew I wanted it then. But I didn't even know you could do that at the time.
        I wonder if I took the art in if I could get it custom screen printed somewhere, that would likely be cheaper and my own design! (kind of) Has anyone done something like this?
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Yea, I remember seeing it on yoox a long time ago but only in sz. L, I almost ordered it anyway and was going to try to tailor it, but I decided that was ridiculous just for a t-shirt. I would prefer it in any color but white. The tan one would be the best and sz. Small. If it was new, like off yoox or an outlet I would pay up to $150, I would hate to pay a lot for a used tee, but if it's the perfect size/color and in good condition I would pay up to $100. I forgot how much I liked it until I saw the one that recently went on ebay, but like I said it was white, sz. M and looked a bit beat up. If only I had mastered the fine art of the charge/send when it came out, I would have gotten it from Helmut Lang New York, because I knew I wanted it then. But I didn't even know you could do that at the time.
          I wonder if I took the art in if I could get it custom screen printed somewhere, that would likely be cheaper and my own design! (kind of) Has anyone done something like this?

[/quote]

Ok, I'll keep an eye out. As far as doing your own print, look for a place that does silk-screening - that's the best looking technique. You can buy a decent quality plain tee from American Apparel.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
            • Sep 2006

I agree with Faust. Also, believe it or not, Gap's off-white "Athletic Cut" 100% cotton tshirt is quite similar in cut and style to Lang's at about 1/10 the price. So, you could also get one of those and screen print it.

I've owned probably 20 Lang tshirts before I got wise onto the fact that there was really no purpose to paying $150 for them. Yeah, they're Egyptian cotton, but I didn't find THAT much difference between them and the Gap. Plus, it's a tee, so you sweat in it, it stretches, etc. and wears out in the same amount of time.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

I agree with Faust. Also, believe it or not, Gap's off-white "Athletic Cut" 100% cotton tshirt is quite similar in cut and style to Lang's at about 1/10 the price. So, you could also get one of those and screen print it.

I've owned probably 20 Lang tshirts before I got wise onto the fact that there was really no purpose to paying $150 for them. Yeah, they're Egyptian cotton, but I didn't find THAT much difference between them and the Gap. Plus, it's a tee, so you sweat in it, it stretches, etc. and wears out in the same amount of time.

[/quote]

Agreed. Tshirts are the biggest trap, but a good business practice (still accessible in terms of sheer $, but %-wise a total rip off). Unless it's some amazing (Ann Dem neck of the horse print, or her hand-painted circle print), or fun (Helmut Lang's Felix the Space Cat) graphic, or a fabric that is impossible to find on the high street (Rick Owens), there is not much sense in spending that cash.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎