• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Woodbury Commons Outlets shopping review

I know a lot of people heard a lot about Woodbury Commons outlet mall, about an hour north of NYC.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

I was there last weekend, primarily buying clothes for my daughter, and naturally I walked into a few high end outlets (oxymoron?), and not so high end outlets. Here is my review;

Dior

A ton of tacky and not so tacky womenswear at 75%off retail prices. A ton of super-tacky bags, who buys that shit? No Dior Homme clothes, but some accessories at 50% off retail. There were some studded belts and the tacky military canvas belt that you can buy for $10 at H&M without the Dior Homme buckle. There were also some wallets and credit card cases. One pair of patent leather zippered DH boots at 50% off in a huge size.

Yves Saint Laurent

Mostly womenswear at about half off. Some menswear, sweaters, trenches, dress shirts. I almost walked away with the single pair of jeans they had there marked down to $150 from $400, but decided against it. A ton of women's shoes, and some men's shoes. Some women's bags. I almost bought a bag with the antelope horn handle for my wife, it was really beautiful - but then I thought my wife would kill me for being encouraing the killing of antelopes.

Space (Prada, Miu Miu)

A ton of last years womens handbags, marked down about 25%, some wallets and those stupid charms. Some gloves, still at $300. What is it with $500 gloves in the first place? Lots of shoes, some womenswear, and menswear, lightly marked down. Once again I realized how hurrendous Prada quality is compared to other labels. Some jeans for men at $300. In general all very expensive.

Gucci

Walked in looking for some gloves - but at $400, thanks, but no thanks. Lots of bags and wallets, mostly with scuffs and overpriced. Didn't even bother checking out the clothes.

Saks Off Fifth

Eurotrash/metrotrash galore, for both men and women, marked down 25-50% off retail. Some Marc Jacobs bags and wallets, still too expensive. It was strange to see some high-end jewelry like Charriol, John Hardy, etc. - I did not look at the prices, but I would not expect to be more than 25% off (still if you are looking as a present and want to save some cash, try your luck).

Neuman Marcus Last Call

A lot of private label crap. I didn't really spend time there. The menswear is all conservative, but an occasional Kiton and Brioni may satisfy someone, if you are into that kind of thing. I did not look at the womens, did not have time.

American Apparel

Completely not worth it. Most stuff is the same price as at the regular store. The marked down stuff is mostly pathetic to look at, but I did manage to find a decent tee for $7, and a thermal for $8.

Puma

Excellent if you need gym clothes. Lots of sneakers at $35-50 marked down from $80-100. Some fun clothes, including their BMW and Ferrari F1 apparel. Got a pair of pants for my wife from the 96hours line by Neil Barrett marked down to $30 from $170.

Adidas

Menswear is complete garbage, marked down only 25%. Womenswear is a little better, some Stella McCartney for Adidas, which I actually like, significantly marked down (her kicks from $150 to $50 for example).

Nike

Also complete trash, I could not even find decent gym clothes. Mark downs are around 25% retail.

Stores I did not go into, but that are there;

Ferragamo, Bottega Veneta, Barneys, Burberry, Versace, Loro Piana, Dolce & Gabanna, Boss, etc. The complete list of stores is in the link.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Woodbury Commons Outlets shopping review

Thanks for the review! I am surprised about how junky the Dior store is... When a friend of mine went there before they at least had a decent amount of DH there... maybe once everyone discovered that, it just got bought up the moment it came in.

That probably explains all the junk that is on ebay right now. Almost nothing from even VotC or earlier shows up there anymore.

What is with the $400+ gloves?! I know CDiem ones are... but man! Gucci?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Re: Woodbury Commons Outlets shopping review

Woodbury, for the most part, is fairly disappointing. I think
      the best store, surprisingly, was the Tumi store. Actual
      discounts on quality items.

As far as the Dior
      store, I talked with the sales associate for a while, and she informed
      me that they do a LOT of phone orders. I'm guessing this is why a
      lot of their men's things were gone.

Comment