X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Honey~Blade
    • Sep 2006

The Viridi-Anne

Hey guys, I'm really curious about this brand. I don't know too much about it but I've seen some interesting pictures, unfortunately I don't have them with me atm :( Can anyone help expand the knowledge pool?
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Virdi-Anne

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

their website is at www.viridi-anne.com

Comment

• Honey~Blade
        • Sep 2006

Whoa! Thanks for the nice pics and site xcoldricex! Reminds me of Julius in a way.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

i think julius is much more creative (though not always my cup of tea- i at least applaud them for trying new things out- especially with fabrics). virdi-anne/viridian isn't really doing anything new.

Comment

• darkanimal
            • Sep 2006

Love the second to the last photo, LS white shirt. I own something similar to the third photo, but its a t-shirt, the cool thing about it is that it's reversible.

Comment

• djrajio
              • Sep 2006

I dunno ifyou could describe the collection with a blanket term like "isn't doing anything new" since a lot of the post-goth/punk styled labels tend to be very similar. I find some of the pieces interesting. Virdi-anne does some interesting things with fabrics as well. I saw a cool glen-plaid tailored jacket by them cut with a single riders-jacket breast front (w/ zipper) that I thought was really sensational at Isetan. They also have a really dope leather trench in this year's collection. All their tailored jackets are floating canvased which I thought was nice since other similar labels Factotum and Attachment aren't but are at similar price points.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]

I dunno ifyou could describe the collection with a blanket term like "isn't doing anything new" since a lot of the post-goth/punk styled labels tend to be very similar. I find some of the pieces interesting. Virdi-anne does some interesting things with fabrics as well. I saw a cool glen-plaid tailored jacket by them cut with a single riders-jacket breast front (w/ zipper) that I thought was really sensational at Isetan. They also have a really dope leather trench in this year's collection. All their tailored jackets are floating canvased which I thought was nice since other similar labels Factotum and Attachment aren't but are at similar price points.

[/quote]

i haven't seen anything that has set it apart from those other labels that you mentioned- though i actually haven't seen much of VA in person so i guess i shouldn't pass judgement (i saw much much more factotum, attachment, pledge, mr. olive, etc. in japan). but based on the pictures i see and the pieces i did see in hong kong and osaka, there were only a few things that stood out from the post-goth/punk styled labels. i give them more credit than the others for sure - i do love the segmented belts (ccp did something like this a few years back), the jackets (i briefly considered that elk leather jacket in my post), and that trench! but their designs are pretty conservative compared to julius and poell - which i think was what i was getting at when i said "isn't doing anything new".

oh and thanks for the pictures!

on a semi-related tangent- what's the deal with green (man)? i would see pieces from time to time and they were pretty decent quality with high prices, but i never found anyone that carried their collection- are they any good?

Comment

• djrajio
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]but their designs are pretty conservative compared to julius and poell - which i think was what i was getting at when i said "isn't doing anything new".[/quote]
                  Oh ok. I see where you're coming from. Agreed. I would have to agree that Julius is much more extreme in terms of their designs. Especially the new S/S collection. I dont think I could wear any of their new cut and sew garments. Far too drapy foreven myprogressive Tokyo standards. Never heard anything about this "green" label you're talking about... Oh, I also asked the Julius staff last weekend what the _7 logo means and its basically a play on the word Julius which in Latin means July, the seventh month of the year.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for the images, some really cool pieces, especially the leather jackets and the wrinkled jacket. I liked whatever little I've seen in person. It's cut so damn small though.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                      • Sep 2006

Is the fit small like wjk?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Honey~Blade"]Is the fit small like wjk?[/quote]

I don't know wjk fits, but viridi-anne fit as small as the skinniest dior homme, if not smaller.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

FW 06 - Some have been posted, but these are good detail shots

Sheepskin jacket (not a shearling, too bad!!!)

love the stitching and the collar detail

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

cotton pant with unfinished destroyed hem and zipper

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Dearskin jacket

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎