• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

TAO (Comme des Garcons) SS07 - Womens, Paris

An obligatory completion to the CDG Universve (or should we say Empire?). I thought the show was pretty lame in its obvious likeness of Junya Watanabe.

The rest is on style.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: TAO (Comme des Garcons) SS07 - Womens, Paris

Interesting....I don't really see the likeness, although they are obviously both on the white shirt boat. I thought this collection was really impressive. Classic tailoring executed beautifully + the sculptural stuff....It's really revealing of the designer's range.

funny how everyone is glued to to computer these past two days....[8-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: TAO (Comme des Garcons) SS07 - Womens, Paris

[quote user="laika"]

Interesting....I don't really see the likeness, although they are obviously both on the white shirt boat. I thought this collection was really impressive. Classic tailoring executed beautifully + the sculptural stuff....It's really revealing of the designer's range.

funny how everyone is glued to to computer these past two days....[8-)]

[/quote]

Oh, I was referring to the overall silhouette, not particularly that this Tao collection reminding me of the current Junya collection. I think the silhouette is exactly the same as Junya has been doing, very long A shape skirts, with lots of shirts on top. And the shoes look the same as Junya favors.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎