• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Dries van Noten SS07 - Womens, Paris

Another designer whose womenswear I usually love and whose menswear for the most part leaves me cold. This show was not a very strong one, though. I don't think he does volume well. It feels like it was forced, like he did not want to do it, but had to because the trends demanded. His other strengths, the prints and embroidery, were almost absent. I do love how he treated his favorite object, the rose, in overly graphic prints.

Some of my fave looks, the rest is on style.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dries van Noten SS07 - Womens, Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

more garment pix. i really like the first coat, he also did it for men. reasonbly priced, too.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Your original point--about how this feels "forced"--is so true. It's not very appealing in the store either--there's something almost sterile about it, with all the sporty whiteness. Exact opposite of the Dries I love. The parka is definitely good though, I could see it working with pieces from his other collections. And the non-runway shoes are very pretty, especially the rose embellished ones.

Interestingly, I've noticed that a lot of women who generally don't care for Dries really like this collection.[:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Really? That's weird. What do they like? BTW, have you seen the Margiela rose dress that Anastasia bought? That's one nice rose! [:O] . BTW, someone should start doing orchid prints. I should tell Ann.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

From what I have witnessed, people really like the "trendy" stuff---anoraks, sporty styles, and that (really bad) bubble skirt. [+o(] Style.com loved it all....I've noticed that I consistently disagree with their Dries reviews. They thought A/W 05 was drab too; I absolutely loved it. [*-)]

Anastasia's dress looks awesome. I'm still waiting to hear what season it came from, as I don't think it's current. Orchids are nice too, but I don't think they lend themselves so well to being stylized. They look too much like faces. [:|]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ Oh, yeah, you are witnessing the infamous "NYC women are avant-garde" myth. This is why Atelier did not succeed with womenswear. You would've loved their lineup.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

more pix.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎