X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Gardem

don't have any background information about this brand, but here's some pictures

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gardem

Thanks for posting. I LOVE their stuff. I don't know any NYC stocklists, but I would love to see it in person. I have some more pictures, which I will share shortly.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

wow great stuff. thanks faust.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Where is it from? Very sensual without being trashy.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]Where is it from? Very sensual without being trashy.[/quote]

Well described. And it's the very rare occasion when something that looks like it's from another era, yet does not look costumey - the way a lot of CDG does, for example. I believe they are based in Paris.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Looking at FW05 - Ann Dem shakes hands with Rick Owens... not that I mind [:P]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

more, the rest is on style.com

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Thanks for posting. I LOVE their stuff. I don't know any NYC stocklists, but I would love to see it in person. I have some more pictures, which I will share shortly.
                        [/quote]

FYI, they are stocked at Esthete in the meat-packing district. I tried on two really nice jackets last night...too long for a shrimp like me, unfortunately. But I'm guessing from your pics that Mrs. Faust is on the taller side, so there may be something there for her. There was an asymmetrical one with ties that i absolutely loved.

The contact info on their website is in Lebanon (!) so I am guessing they are french lebanese?

I really like those sweatshirt-type tops with the hoods and zippers.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

more, the rest is on style.com

[/quote]

Those pack a punch, ouch

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="Faust"]Thanks for posting. I LOVE their stuff. I don't know any NYC stocklists, but I would love to see it in person. I have some more pictures, which I will share shortly.
                            [/quote]

FYI, they are stocked at Esthete in the meat-packing district. I tried on two really nice jackets last night...too long for a shrimp like me, unfortunately. But I'm guessing from your pics that Mrs. Faust is on the taller side, so there may be something there for her. There was an asymmetrical one with ties that i absolutely loved.

The contact info on their website is in Lebanon (!) so I am guessing they are french lebanese?

I really like those sweatshirt-type tops with the hoods and zippers.

[/quote]

Thanks! I did not see. What do you think about that store? It looks like they are still trying to figure out who their customer is, no? Their menswear is total crap (Filippa K? WTF, it's like Banana Republic of Sweden), but the womens looked very good at times. It seems like someone had an oodle of money, and just thought that he/she'd be cool if owned a store in the meatsmelling district.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Filippa K is a lot better made than BR, in my opinion. [:P]

I agree, the store is a mixed bag. The space is great and the staff is really laid-back. Quality-wise, I think the stuff she buys is excellent, especially the Japanese and French designers. But there is a definite L.A. influence that rubs me the wrong way. Thomas Wylde!? [+o(] And the Cosa Nostra stuff--which is amazingly well-made--is an utter waste of craftsmanship, in my opinion. But then again, I suppose its right at home in the meatsmelling district, lol.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎