X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

Taking care of leather

With all this talk of crazy expensive carpe diem, poell, +, etc. leather goods... i just wanted to get some advice on how to take care of that leather jacket, bag, or boots... mainly i am asking because my number nine boots are beginning to look at bit grungy...

Should i just leave them be and let them age naturally? or should i help it a long the way somehow?

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Taking care of leather

I guess it depends on how you want them to look. I don't like my boots to look either spick'n'span, or too beat up. I always take my new boots to a cobbler to put an extra rubber sole for protection - that's a given. I clean them about once a month or more often with shoe polish and shoe brush - you don't have to buy that polish that makes them shiny, just clean. For suede, there are also liquids to clean and protect it from "the elements."

As far as leather jackets, there are places that specialize in cleaning leather. I confess I've never used one, but I think this season I might. My Costume National jacket is getting OLD!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎