• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

SZ Centennial!!!

Well, I did not use the word exactly right, but what the hell! I am very excited about us hitting 100 members. So far this has been an excellent, high quality forum, intelligent, and mature. Let's keep it going that way. Feel free to reply with your thoughts on what's going on. I know we are still a little heavy on the male side, and a little focused on certain designers - but I am sure that our scope will grow and expand in the future.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • malek
    • Sep 2006

Re: SZ Centennial!!!

Congratulations Faust!!!

I linked to ur forum from my website, i hope it will help a wittle lol

[<:o)]

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Well done, Faust! I think the forum is going splendidly. And i just reached 100 posts, so I guess i am having a mini-centennial.

It's very nice to be here.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

7 new members in the last 24 hours. i think all of them are because of djrajio's post in SF. haha.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

It most certainly is.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• battles
            • Oct 2006

now this is what i call appealling...
            keep up the good job, faust!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="battles"]

now this is what i call appealling...
              keep up the good job, faust!

[/quote]

Thanks, and welcome!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• malek
                • Sep 2006

soon 200 members!

Comment

• thelion1856
                  • Dec 2006

Nice forum, i like the way it works and its content very much. I notice some other members from other forums on here as well. good sheist.

Comment

• interman
                    • Dec 2006

I also hope that if the quality is kept as high as it is currently we might see more people from the industry dropping by, such as in the Aman Copland thread.

I'm also a member of a couple of Norwegian invite-only fashion forums, and while they're decent in their way it's always a hassle when it comes to recruiting new people, so I like that this place is open to anyone, but meant for people with a certain level of maturity.

Comment

• nairb49
                      • Dec 2006

well done faust!
                      I have a small question/suggestion, but keep in mind I know a harmful (just enough to screw things up, not enough to fix anything) amount of stuff about computers/etc.

The pop-up windows for replies are quite slow for me. I thought it was just my computer, but now I've tried it on several computers are its the same. This might be a necessary function of the forum design, I'm not sure, but it would be great if they could be a little "smoother" if you get me.

Just a tiny detail. ;)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="interman"]

I also hope that if the quality is kept as high as it is currently we might see more people from the industry dropping by, such as in the Aman Copland thread.

I'm also a member of a couple of Norwegian invite-only fashion forums, and while they're decent in their way it's always a hassle when it comes to recruiting new people, so I like that this place is open to anyone, but meant for people with a certain level of maturity.

[/quote]

I hope that content will be the primary driver for the kind of people I hope to attract. So, if someone posts about nike dunks, for example, and does not get a single reply, he/she will hopefully go away.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

well done faust!
                          I have a small question/suggestion, but keep in mind I know a harmful (just enough to screw things up, not enough to fix anything) amount of stuff about computers/etc.

The pop-up windows for replies are quite slow for me. I thought it was just my computer, but now I've tried it on several computers are its the same. This might be a necessary function of the forum design, I'm not sure, but it would be great if they could be a little "smoother" if you get me.

Just a tiny detail. ;)

[/quote]

Well, I don't know nearly enough to fix that :-) This is an "off-the-shelf" software that I am using to run the forums, I'm glad it works that well to begin with. [;)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                            • Dec 2006

Well I applaud your efforts Faust, brilliant forum, and it'll do just fine the way it is. Significantly better than I could ever do, either way.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="interman"]

[/quote]

I hope that content will be the primary driver for the kind of people I hope to attract. So, if someone posts about nike dunks, for example, and does not get a single reply, he/she will hopefully go away.

[/quote]

Yes. Like Rachel of the flip flops. [8-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎