X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

London shopping guide on men.style

Just a heads up there are 5 short videos on men.style (http://men.style.com/fashion/style_notes/101706) about London shops including The Library and Dover Street Market. They talk about Junya Watanabe in the Dover Street Market segment and even flash to those awesome Raf Simons boots from this season. In The Library video, the owner talks quite a bit about CCP, I know that will made a lot of people on here happy.
    music
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: London shopping guide on men.style

[quote user="casem83"]Just a heads up there are 5 short videos on men.style (http://men.style.com/fashion/style_notes/101706) about London shops including The Library and Dover Street Market. They talk about Junya Watanabe in the Dover Street Market segment and even flash to those awesome Raf Simons boots from this season. In The Library video, the owner talks quite a bit about CCP, I know that will made a lot of people on here happy.[/quote]

Thanks a lot, Case! That Library clip is priceless!

Hey, Albert - see those tshirts hanging in CDiem fashion? Those are by Velvetmen. I wish the Library owner had talked a little about Volga Volga.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

They do the Velvetmen shirts at Sefton in Islington too. They're even softer than C&C but even more expensive too. Put a Hanes shirt in the wash 20 times and achieve the same effect!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]They do the Velvetmen shirts at Sefton in Islington too. They're even softer than C&C but even more expensive too. Put a Hanes shirt in the wash 20 times and achieve the same effect!
        [/quote]

Interesting. Well, like I said in another thread, I buy mine for $15-20 at a discount store here. I'm sure they approach funny prices being exported to the UK from the US + taxes, etc. etc.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

I might have to look out for them next time I'm in New York

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]I might have to look out for them next time I'm in New York
            [/quote]

Better yet, look out for me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

ccp leather jackets *drooool*

Comment

• droogist
                • Sep 2006

Huh, so that's what Brix from The Fall does now...so has anyone here been to Start yet? It looks somewhat promising.Thanks for the head's up, casem83.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

I've popped in a few times, mainly intrigued by the Brix connection (I'm a Fall nut). Most of the mens' stock is a bit lad-ish for my taste. It doesn't have the individual character of a place like B-Store, Souvenir etc. It's much more directly commerical. Comparable with Diverse in Islington I guess. However, they do stock some good things. I bough two stripey Demeulemeester knits at the end of the summer sale there at 75% off (£60 each!) and have pretty much lived in them ever since.

There are three shops all on the same street: womens', mens' and accessories. It's worth a trip anyway.

Comment

• sbw4224
                    • Sep 2006

Start is a fairly nice store. The staff has always been extremely helpful to me. I think you'll find dontbecruel's comments on its stock to be fairly accurate. It is a bit more mainstreamish, but nonetheless, worth a visit. The only thing I can remember about the stock in the women's store is Karen Walker.

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks a lot dontbecurel and sbw4224; I will add Start to my list of shops to visit next time I'm in London. (Actually I'd probably go anyway even if both of you had said it was rubbish - being something of a Fall nut myself - but it's nice to hear that it won't be a complete waste of time.) I took a peek at their website, and it looks like they stock an interesting mix of labels in the women's dept...

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

For some reason I thought you lived in London actually.

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Nope, I live in the Netherlands. I'm usually in London every few months for business-related reasons though.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎