Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do they get their shoes made? CCP, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tafkap
    • Oct 2006

Where do they get their shoes made? CCP, etc.

I know that most factories will not manufacture a product in small quantities, in regards to shoes....so does anyone know where smaller designers get their shoes made? Like Carol Christian Poell, Customers Own Property, Carpe Diem, Undercover, etc.

thanks.

• xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Where do they get their shoes made? CCP, etc.

leather for carpe diem shoes comes from guidi as far as i know. they probably prepare the rarer skins themselves or have them do it special for them (anadaconda, sea snake, etc.)

i'm pretty sure poell does his own stuff in his own workshop since there are lots of treatments he does to the leather itself before making it into a boot/shoe.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Premiata has done work for Poell in the past. Poell also had a stint with Buttero, I believe. Guidi does make leather for CDiem. Buttero actually does a lot of stuff, including Dior Homme and Cloak.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
        • Sep 2006

Marc Jacobs and Galliano use Iris srl.Stefano bi makes for the LVMH brands like LV, Givenchy, Loewe, etc. CK Collection, Alessandro Dell'acqua, Byblos, and a few others use Zengarini. Artioli makes for several different designers, including Etro. Vicini/Giuseppe Zanotti makes for Cavalli, DSquared, and Ferre.

That's all that come to mind right now. There are a few other companies, like Borgioli (maybe I'm spelling that wrong... I'll check), Sutor Mantellassi, etc. that make for MANY of the mainline designers out there. Sometimes, they won't mention the connection, because the designers specifically ask for lower quality materials so that they can up the price by brand recognition (Valentino, yes, I'm talking to you.)

Comment

• Honey~Blade
          • Sep 2006

Buttero also makes shoes for Number (N)ine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎