X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith
    • Sep 2006

raf simons on seven's website

It is a few days old, but there are (in my opinion) some very cool pieces posted, including a few I had looked for that I hadn't seen anywhere else.

http://sevennewyork.com/designerpages/rasi/aw06raf.html

• dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: raf simons on seven's website

Ah, they're selling my coat for $1400!

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

AND, they're cheaper than anyone else. One of the jackets sold for $1800 elsewhere in NYC is $1495 at Seven.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The prices are pretty good, actually, even better than in Barneys.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]Ah, they're selling my coat for $1400! What does everyone think of it?
          [/quote] Hah, we posted at the same time! Is it the cutaway coat that looks like it has a slim, longer vest underneath? I love it, although I have my heart set on another Raf coat.

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]The prices are pretty good, actually, even better than in Barneys.
            [/quote]

Definitely. Their markup is consistently lower across the board. They already sold two of the $1500 jackets I'm thinking about getting. I saw and fitted the pieces at the store last Saturday, because they arrived on Thursday. Joseph Quartana is a total style sweetheart.

Comment

• dontbecruel
              • Sep 2006

<quote>Hah, we posted at the same time! Is it the cutaway coat that looks
              like it has a slim, longer vest underneath? I love it, although I have
              my heart set on another Raf coat.<quote>

Yeah it is that one. I also had my heart set on another coat from this collection (the boxy black overcoat with the built-in shawl scarf) but I have found an amazing deal for this at £200 in a second-hand shop in London. Thinking of pulling the trigger tomorrow.

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

<quote>Hah, we posted at the same time! Is it the cutaway coat that looks
                like it has a slim, longer vest underneath? I love it, although I have
                my heart set on another Raf coat.<quote>

Yeah it is that one. I also had my heart set on another coat from this collection (the boxy black overcoat with the built-in shawl scarf) but I have found an amazing deal for this at £200 in a second-hand shop in London. Thinking of pulling the trigger tomorrow.

[/quote]

I wanted that shawl scarf one - I posted it on the wish list thread. Fortunately for me, it turned out to be not as attractive as I thought: I didn't care for the fit of the 46 (and I'm a 46) as it looked wrong on me, and the wool was a bit too coarse for my liking (especially for the draped shawl). And at $2000, I couldn't do it. But at £200? DO IT. As long as it fits you right.

Comment

• keith
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]The prices are pretty good, actually, even better than in Barneys.
                  [/quote]

They seem quite a bit better than Barney's, actually, from the few pieces I can compare. Argh, money. Must.Resist.Temptation.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

And at $2000, I couldn't do it. But at £200? DO IT. As long as it fits you right.

[/quote]

Sorry, that was a bit confusing. It's the frock coat one on Seven's website that I've seen super-cheap. Definitely second choice but still, I think I might have to get it at that price. This is it (apologies for repeat post from good finds thread):

I'm calling it "my coat" already! I wonder if we tried on the same shawl-collared coat. The fit was great on me in a 48 but I guess I might a bit broader shouldered than you. It was this one and it was about £1100 at DSM:

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

dbc, the difference in price makes it criminal for you NOT to get it!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]dbc, the difference in price makes it criminal for you NOT to get it!
                        [/quote]

I know, I know but I don't want it to be one of those "bought it because it was cheap" purchases. We've all made a few of those I bet. I love the coat but I'm worried that it might be too eccentric to be wearable. And that's coming from a man who wears plus fours! You think it would be easy to resell if I went cold on it?

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

Yeah, I realized I got the two confused, dontbecruel. The shawl collared coat is about $2000 at Atelier, and I think the frock coat is about the same.

The frock is a great coat, but not, I think, for warmth - more for style. At that price, if I was your size, I'd nab it! Plus it's this season - why is it so cheap? Why did someone get rid of it already, is what I want to know...

Comment

• dontbecruel
                            • Sep 2006

I think a stylist sold it to this shop. That's what they're saying anyway. It's always possible someone stole it. You're absolutely right that the scarf-coat is much more practical as a proper warm winter thing, but I guess I have to take my bargains as I find them.

Comment

• kucejoe
                              • Sep 2006

DBC, do you know what size the coat is? That is a great deal, but make sure you really like so you don't always think of the "other" jacket. Otherwise, if it was my size, I'd have you ship it to me...I want a longer coat.
                              Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎