X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tafkap
    • Oct 2006

Who designed for Issey Miyake?

I reallly hope someone can answer this question for me. A lady I used to live next door to collected Issey Miyake stuff. I moved away and don't know her anymore....Well, she invited me over and a guy that was with her said.."Show him the BLANK." The BLANK being the designer whose name I can't remember!!!!! All that I do know is this. It was THE MOST AMAZING SHIRT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! And, they said he used to work for Issey Miyake. What it looked like was a t-shirt but the shape was somewhat jigjaggy. Like a crooked t-shirt. The inside was lined with silk.satin. and the outside was all these little rubbery looking pieces all over it. It looked like rubber that had been cracked 100s of times.The cool thing was that each crack of rubber or whatever the hell it was was sewn on, but it was also like melted or something on it?! It was an almost natural white light greenish color.So picture a crooked t-shirt but made in silk.satin and rubber pieces allll over it,each piece sewn on.Covering the entire shirt, sleeves, etc.The other thing was somehow you didnt see stitching on top of the rubber, only when you turned the shirt to expose the lining.??? It was AMAZINNNGGG!!!I hope someone knows who im talking about.And there was a tag with the guys name...A first and last name. And it was Japanese. It's not the guy who has been designing for him will all the prints and stuff. I have never seen his stuff anywhere and i must know who it is!! It was so incredible. I would think that he doesnt have his own line now and it was a few years old at least.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Who designed for Issey Miyake?

Naoki Takizawa has been designing for the past several (5-6?) years, ever since Miyake decided to pursue A-POC. I think he is stepping down this season, but I'm not sure. Could it be him? I don't think he ever designed under his own name though...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tafkap
      • Oct 2006

Re: Who designed for Issey Miyake?

No, that's not him. I canvisit the lady who owns them but it won't be for another six months....damn. I think his name started with an S or his last name did. I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎