X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith
    • Sep 2006

F/W 06 Sales

We don't have a thread for this, so here we go. I got a call yesterday about Barney's presale; they're putting stuff aside now for the 40% sale on Nov. 30. That's a bit far ahead, eh? Anyway, if you've got an SA you're friendly with.... I assume they're doing this elsewhere, but I got the call from Barney's Boston.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: F/W 06 Sales

Good call.

I'll repost the Margiela sample sale here

11/20 and 11/21
    Martin Margiela and Dsquared2 stock and samples are up to 30 percent off. 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St., eighth fl. (646-613-8457); (10–7).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• threerepute
      • Sep 2006

i didnt get a call from barneys, but i got a mailer. private sale starts tomorrow and lasts a week. also, emporio armani is in presale right now, it's opento the public the 22 of this month.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

A buyer from Barney's on another forum says that designer 3rd floor stuff will not be included in the private sale. Designer and everything gets marked down Nov. 30th. Though maybe an SA could pull some tricks for you, an SA let me buy some Cloak stuff at Barney's weeks before Cloak was marked down this summer.

I'm having a real dilemna deciding when to go to NYC for sales. I live about 12 hours away so it's no easy trip. Over the summer I was in NYC taking a summer course at NYU so I got to rejoice in all the sale action, so now I have to go back. The problem is the dept. stores start so much earlier than many boutiques, so I could go Nov. 30th while the pickin's are still good at Barney's and Saks, but the sale at Cloak and Dior probably won't have started. Or I could go later in Dec., when Barney's and Saks will have nothing left but the boutique sales will have started. What should I do??
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]A buyer from Barney's on another forum says that designer 3rd floor stuff will not be included in the private sale. Designer and everything gets marked down Nov. 30th. Though maybe an SA could pull some tricks for you, an SA let me buy some Cloak stuff at Barney's weeks before Cloak was marked down this summer.

I'm having a real dilemna deciding when to go to NYC for sales. I live about 12 hours away so it's no easy trip. Over the summer I was in NYC taking a summer course at NYU so I got to rejoice in all the sale action, so now I have to go back. The problem is the dept. stores start so much earlier than many boutiques, so I could go Nov. 30th while the pickin's are still good at Barney's and Saks, but the sale at Cloak and Dior probably won't have started. Or I could go later in Dec., when Barney's and Saks will have nothing left but the boutique sales will have started. What should I do??

[/quote]

I would venture to say that your SA ("say that your SA", hmm, feeling poetic) should be able to put stuff away for you - that's how they keep the clients loyal, and it's part of their business and a long time practice. You won't be able to pick it up until the 30th, but it'll be there waiting for you.

I understand your dilemma. Do you have anything particular in mind that you liked on the runway, or is your priority scoring a bargain? If there was something particular you liked, then obviously wait for the sale in that store - if not, I'm afraid your decision is harder. Barneys at 40% is probably the best single sale you will find in NYC - most other stores will discount at 30% and will do so later or will have a poorer selection. Saks and BG will discount along the same lines at the same time, but their stock pales in comparison to Barneys (although Saks does have a nice Dior buy this season).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Good call.

11/20 and 11/21
            Martin Margiela and Dsquared2 stock and samples are up to 30 percent off. 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St., eighth fl. (646-613-8457); (10–7).

[/quote]

Is this sale still cash only?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

Good call.

11/20 and 11/21

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, last time I paid with a MC.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

See that's the problem, there is nothing particular I want from a collection. I'm in the market for a blazer of some type, thinking Dior, Cloak or Ann D. depending on what I like and can get in my size on sale. There are some Cloak things I want to check out like the snow pants, shoes, and large houndstooth sweater, but nothing I'm sure I want to buy. I guess I'll go for the Barney's sale, and if I see something I like in a boutique that's not on sale yet, I'll see if they can call me when it does go on sale and send it.
                music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

ack. margiela sample sale! [:S]

do they provide coffee? [:P]

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

It's not a sale, but I just noticed eluxury.com is doing free shipping. I get way too excited when things start dropping...
                    music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

ack. margiela sample sale! [:S]

do they provide coffee? [:P]

[/quote]

LOL, only Marigela could do something like this

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• minomni
                        • Oct 2006

gah, my trip to new york is unfortunately delayed to late december through early january this year. what type of stock can i expect around post-christmas time? i'm guessing spring won't quite be in by then and i'll be left picking through what's already been picked through :p

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="minomni"]gah, my trip to new york is unfortunately delayed to late december through early january this year. what type of stock can i expect around post-christmas time? i'm guessing spring won't quite be in by then and i'll be left picking through what's already been picked through :p
                          [/quote]

Chances are the inventory will suck. You might still find things in boutiques though, less so in dept. stores.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

Good call.

11/20 and 11/21

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, last time I paid with a MC.

[/quote]

thanks!

Not a sale, but the MMM Spring 07 trunk show is this weekend at the Margiela store.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

BUTTER will be taking 30% off of selected merch on Friday 24th. Line up includes Ann Dem, Rick Owens, Margiela, Marni, Dries van Noten, NDC, F+B, etc. Women's only.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎