X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peanut
    • Nov 2006

Raf Simons production quality AW 05/06

I've heard lots of people mentioning in passing that there were problems with the production of Raf's clothes for AW05/06. There are so many fantastic pieces from this collection on Yoox and I'm hoping to buy several of them once they go on sale, so I'm wondering if anyone knows: what exactly were the problems and which pieces were affected?
  • keith
    • Sep 2006

Re: Raf Simons production quality AW 05/06

wasn't the issue that everything shipped super-late, or not at all, instead of a quality problem?

Comment

• peanut
      • Nov 2006

I thought it was both, but I probably misremembered. The problem with getting stuff into the shops in time would certainly explain why Yoox have so much of it now!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I haven't heard anything bad about quality. Those sweaters you want are itchy though. It's not the superfine merino wool.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• peanut
          • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I haven't heard anything bad about quality. Those sweaters you want are itchy though. It's not the superfine merino wool.
          [/quote]

I looked at a couple of the sweaters in shops and am aware of the itchiness. It's a shame, because with something so slim fitting it would be nice not to have to wear a t-shirt underneath.

Things I'm really hoping to snag in the Yoox sale: one of the wool blazers (either the grey chalkstripe with the vents at the side, or the one that buttons at the waist) and a pair of the now trademark superwide pants. I haven't had a chance to try any of these on in the flesh, which is why I wanted opinions on their quality. Any comments on the fit would be helpful too of course!

I don't think these items will be easy fro Yoox to sell so I'm holding out for a really good price. I'll get one of the sweaters if the price is really good, but I think they will sell those actually.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎