X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • high_contrast
    • Oct 2006

Blazers: Single vent vs. Double vents

Which do you prefer? I always thought double vents were a bit too formal since I don't have to wear full out suits for work but I tried on a Raf with double vents recently and it looked fine.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Blazers: Single vent vs. Double vents

Do you mean vents or single vs. double breasted? If vents, I like both. If breast - I generally don't like double-breasted unless the rows of buttons are close together. In part I don't like it because I'm pretty short, and I avoid anything that makes me look even shorter (i.e. horizontal stripes, etc). I also don't really like how double breasted looks when open.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

i echo faust's response about the vents and breasts. double breasted jackets make my slightly broad frame look even more broad and bulky.. and shorter too. not a good look for me.

Comment

• high_contrast
        • Oct 2006

Yeah sorry, I meant vents/windows/back slits.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I'm a bigger fan of the single back slit. The dual slits result in that weird "butt flap" which reminds me of those old school pajamas with the button-up ass flap so you can poo without taking your clothes off all the way.

Single slit is clean and modern.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• GuitarFlame
            • Nov 2006

Double vents that go up along the side. It makes the jacket more comfortable when moving/sitting down, and it trims the silhouette of the suit as well.

Comment

• digital_d
              • Nov 2006

Double vents bug me because it makes my jacket feel like it's not one solid piece of clothing. Not sure if that explains it. But a single vent allows movement while also looking clean. But I would wear a double vent if it fit well.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I prefer single vents for myself. Double vents seem very British to me for some reason, but that can be good if you're going for more of a british dandy or mod look. I agree that on some jackets it can look too much like a bum flap, and nobody wants that.
                music

Comment

• GuitarFlame
                  • Nov 2006

You're right. In suit jakcets I always aim for the British dandy look.

For example while most people on here will wear a black suit in a stark, minimalist manner (think white shirt, skinny tie), I would instead opt for a dark maroon pocket square, solid red tie and some purple argyle socks.

There is something timeless about the British look that I find irrestitable.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎