X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Fake Kris van Assche?

so ebay has been flooded with the necktie button down and a pocket sweater from a seller in HK. I find it odd that they would do fakes of KvA (although it does command a high price in Japan)... but to have a full size run in the shirts and those sweaters is a bit iffy (and being from HK doesn't help much). what do you guys think?

ebay auction

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Fake Kris van Assche?

It is strange. Someone from SF actually asked me to check on an auction for them (that seller was from Japan but same items as HK seller). I have to say, it's certainly strange that someone would fake KVA. I would not be surprised if these are just goods stolen from a factory. We know that a lot of stuff is made in HK and China and is assembled, finished in Europe, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is semi-real.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Ever since I discovered that there is fake Hussein Chalayan (!), I am extremely skeptical of any remotely suspicious auction.

There are fakes of anything and everything out there.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Could be stolen... but KVA stuff isn't assembled in China as far as I know based on the tags (hmm, didn't we have a discussion at some point on the legalities of it? Fabrics made in Italy but assembled in China can still have a made in italy tag on them?).

The sizings he's listing in terms of the actual measurements are all over the place though especially for the black sweaters!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• djrajio
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Fabrics made in Italy but assembled in China can still have a made in italy tag on them?).[/quote]
          Yes. As far as I know, you can have as little as 14% of the garment "made" in Italy and still have the right to put "made in italy" on the garment. Prada has been doing this for years, having large portions of their garments assembled in China and then shipping them to Italy to be finally constructed. "Made in _____" doesn't mean anything anymore but on the flip side China's manufacturing has been improving leaps and bounds...some of the processes rivaling Italian manufacturing. There was a good article on this in WSJ a few months back about this, I'll try to find it...

Comment

• clay
            • Sep 2006

Would love to read that art. I just yesterday received a suit I had made in China by a factory and I must say it looks great. It has a full canvas( no fusible in chest and lapel). The quality is really good I believe, but I used their fabrics, which were good also, just a little thin for the one I chose. If I get a camera I'll post picks. The jacket is cool, but the pant has some nice details they were able to execute properly. Nothing serious just little design quirks to test them. The one other thing is that they set the arm a little too forward. Usually they dont set it forward enough, but i'll have a tailor here correct that.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎