Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your most intense emotion ever regarding fashion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

What was your most intense emotion ever regarding fashion?

I just found a book that in which 300 people that attended a fashion exhibit where asked, "What was your most intense emotion ever regarding fashion?" thought it'd make for some interesting posts...

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What was your most intense emotion ever regarding fashion?

Hmm, interesting question. I am not sure what that question exactly means. If it's what's my most intense emotion regarding a garment, it's probably the first time I saw Jurgi Persoons collection at Barneys. It was so fresh and original and gorgeous that I spent about half an hour examining the tiny rack.

My other one was when my wife bought me THE BOOTS. I wanted them so much, and I just could not afford them. It was very sweet of her.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Interesting question indeed!

Nothing visceral or revelatory but setting foot into Atelier was one of the most exciting things I've done in my foray into the world of fashion.

Prior to that it was visiting the Dior Homme store a week or so after its opening (right in between Luster and Strip... the good ol days). I had been following its construction and anticipating it for so long that finally going was just plain awesome! For a good two years, it was THE place I went to and shopped at. I knew all the SAs, a couple of the guys in the women's dept, and they'd let me just dig through the storage closets hehe.

But Atelier is THE place for me now. I always stop there when I'm in NYC. It's not even an option to not go haha.

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sphoxx
        • Nov 2006

Definitely stumbling upon a piece I hadn't considered or seen before; and being inspired to build around it. Finding a new store/line/designer and identifying with what they're trying to do's good too.

Comment

• clay
          • Sep 2006

For me it was seeing American Giggilo way back when. I must have been 13 or 14. My sisters boyfriend was a fashion fanatic and I had just become interested in it meeting him and her gorgeous girlfriends that all dressed well for that time ( I remember she had Vogue tears all over her closet door, and she favored Anne Klein at the time). Well he finally takes me to see the movie and it literally changed my life.I had already been sort of captivated by this guy named Giorgio Armani I had been seeing in my sisters Vogues and I recently started buying GQ. But that movie made me want to learn more about fashion and the whole world of it. I think I wanted to be a designer that day ( or a giggilo).

PS forgive me if I spelled it wrong, I'm a designer remember.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="sphoxx"]Definitely stumbling upon a piece I hadn't considered or seen before; and being inspired to build around it. Finding a new store/line/designer and identifying with what they're trying to do's good too.
            [/quote]

Indeed! I remember seeing Ann's pieces for the first time, and trying to remember her long last name, lol.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• amojojo
              • Oct 2006

This wasn't long ago for me at all, but it was definitely realizing that fine clothing wasn't inaccessible. I loved photos of couture, reading about designers, etc, but I figured even the ready-to-wear was all way, way out of my reach. Even if I had the money I couldn't possibly be the type to wear the stuff, you know? So being walked into the shops on Union Square by my very stylish friend and realizing that, actually, I could wear the things if I wanted to, that the shop girls weren't going to physically chase me out the door, was pretty amazing.

Comment

• massymas
                • Dec 2006

I am a fashion consumer so all of my emotions revolve around the descision to buy or not buy something. I have a firm rule that I should always do a "walk away" from pieces that ellicit a strong sense of desire in me. My strongest reactions are that of:

1. Horror: When I see an awefully beautifullpiece of clothing that has a ridiculous pricetag attached to it but still want it bad enough to blow my entire savings/future-tuition account that I've been saving up for 2 years. I'm horrified I can actually want a piece of clothing that badly. Usually ends up with mescreaming with madness (inside my mind) whilst walking away from said object.

2. Frustration: Me walking away from a beautiful yet too expensive piece, then changing my mind knowing that I would regret the practical descision forever only to find out that said item was already sold out. This happens to me alot and usually ends up with me screaming an expletive outside of Barneys.

However, nothing beats the feeling of having bought something for practically nothing monetarily(i.e. sales/hunting).

I look forward to having less shallow/consumer feelings attached towards fashion someday.

Comment

• tweeds
                  • Sep 2006

it's funny but while i get thrilled when i see a great design piece in a store, my most intense emotions are largely negative. i headed out once to meet a friend and as i got off the bus noticed the crown motif of a pair of faux-rock & republic victoria beckham jeans. thing is, most of that stuff around here is usually fake and obscenely faked while you're at it. for a moment i genuinely wanted to do something bad to the girl...in mitigation i think it was partly because i was having a terrible day that day.
                  SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• onemancult
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="tweedlesinpink"]it's funny but while i get thrilled when i see a great design piece in a store, my most intense emotions are largely negative. i headed out once to meet a friend and as i got off the bus noticed the crown motif of a pair of faux-rock & republic victoria beckham jeans. thing is, most of that stuff around here is usually fake and obscenely faked while you're at it. for a moment i genuinely wanted to do something bad to the girl...in mitigation i think it was partly because i was having a terrible day that day.
                    [/quote]

I totally understand this. A lot of my most intense emotions regarding fashion
                    are negative reactions to things that I don't like. I mean, I am equally passionate
                    about the positives, but while I may say "I would kill for that!", when it comes
                    to something I hate, I really feel like flying off of the handle.

Comment

• poly800rock
                      • Dec 2006

i cried when i saw zoolander for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎