X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

S/S 07 on Luisaviaroma

You can now view the collections for S/S 07 on luisaviaroma!

Some of the Dior is really neat, and some of it is really ugly (halter top). I really wanted the silver jacket, but it's leather and way too expensive. The tee shirts are much better, no stupid slogans, and some of the jean washed look neat.
    The Kris Van Assche, Mcqueen, and Ann Demeulemeester stuff they bought is REALLY boring. What do you guys think?
    music
  • macuser3of5
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 07 on Luisaviaroma

My guess is that they put Dior's collection up since that gets the most attention; all the others looked really sparse by comparison. Speaking of the Dior stuff, the silver edged shirt looks great, as do a few of the leather jackets. What's the quality like this season?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

how come the link you posted works, but if you go through the site and click on mens wear > spring/summer 2007 it says "coming soon"?

didn't find anything that interesting, they might be adding more stuff though?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

What a ghastly buy. Rick Owens leather looks great though. Raf Simons buy is just laughable.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
          • Sep 2006

Yup, the Rick Owens buy seems pretty good, but only 2 pieces for us guys? At least they're both cool leather jackets I guess...

The Kris Van Assche stuff is really sad. I mean, printed tee's with "Sex Summer" written on them? Come on, that's like Dolce & Gabbana territory.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

The Rick Owens Leather looks amazing, I've never really liked Diors leather stuff, it always appears some what cheap or plastic in person. They have been doing that same jacket for the last couple years, just changing silly details but its always got the same cut, same breast pockets, same collar and zippers, just boring.

Comment

• minomni
              • Oct 2006

dh looks okay, though most of it is still predictably boring. i agree on the leather jackets - nothing interesting since luster/strip. i'm surprised they wrote so many dh leather jackets for spring.. i count eight different styles, seems a bit excessive.

the first rick owens leather jacket is very tempting indeed..

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="minomni"]

dh looks okay, though most of it is still predictably boring. i agree on the leather jackets - nothing interesting since luster/strip. i'm surprised they wrote so many dh leather jackets for spring.. i count eight different styles, seems a bit excessive.

the first rick owens leather jacket is very tempting indeed..

[/quote]

I think that DH collection was hyped up so much (the journalists were probably so relieved that they won't get the same uber-trash of SS06, they jumped all over SS07), they expect to make good sales.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="casem83"]You can now view the collections for S/S 07 on luisaviaroma!

Some of the Dior is really neat, and some of it is really ugly (halter top). I really wanted the silver jacket, but it's leather and way too expensive. The tee shirts are much better, no stupid slogans, and some of the jean washed look neat.
                  The Kris Van Assche, Mcqueen, and Ann Demeulemeester stuff they bought is REALLY boring. What do you guys think?

[/quote]

Are you serious? Dior Homme is complete shit this season. Virtually everything has been sold inprevious collections! Most of the jackets have been done before, the suits have, the polos have, andthe list goeson...nothing is really new, it has just been stylized in a more feminine way. And seriously, who is going to wear a silver leather jacket (do not even get me started on the cropped sweatshirt [:P])? The tees are quite bland featuring odd shapes and what not; most definitely not worth their price tag. In addition, those new washed jeans look really, really terrible. Lastly,I doubt the quality ofthis season's Dior Homme piecesis anything toget excited about either. Overall (with minor exceptions)the entire SS07 collectionbuy on LVR's part has been totally unacceptable, as others have pointed out. On a side note, does anybody know when the new Dior Homme collectionwill bereleased in stores? Although I have been totally bashing this stuff, the one or two things I have questioned purchasing are sold out in my size.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Well, I don't want to start an argument about how Dior has sucked since "x" collection or if it's still good, because that's something that has been beaten to death, it's just futile to argue it anymore. But I respect your opinion and I think most people on here probably agree with you more.
                    But, I'm excited about the new collection. I think it has a new kind of "futuristic" vibe (sorry I know that term is already being overused for the coming season) and is less referential than previous collections. Even though the skinny silhouette is still there (and more extreme then ever!) the collection seems fresh and exciting to me. Can't say I'll be wearing a halter top, but if I get in better shape I may try one of the wispy tanks. And if I had an extra $4000 to throw around, I would totally wear a silver leather jacket, all the time. As with all collections, there is crap (I agree about the cropped sweatshirt) but I think there is more good than bad and there are some really exciting pieces.

But yea, I agree the LVR buy is usually bad and this is no exception. The Ann Demeulemeester buy is disapointing (so basic!) and like Faust said, the Raf Simons buy is pathetic. The two Rick Owens leather pieces are really cool though!
                    music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Well, I don't want to start an argument about how Dior has sucked since "x" collection or if it's still good, because that's something that has been beaten to death, it's just futile to argue it anymore. But I respect your opinion and I think most people on here probably agree with you more.
                      But, I'm excited about the new collection. I think it has a new kind of "futuristic" vibe (sorry I know that term is already being overused for the coming season) and is less referential than previous collections. Even though the skinny silhouette is still there (and more extreme then ever!) the collection seems fresh and exciting to me. Can't say I'll be wearing a halter top, but if I get in better shape I may try one of the wispy tanks. And if I had an extra $4000 to throw around, I would totally wear a silver leather jacket, all the time. As with all collections, there is crap (I agree about the cropped sweatshirt) but I think there is more good than bad and there are some really exciting pieces.

But yea, I agree the LVR buy is usually bad and this is no exception. The Ann Demeulemeester buy is disapointing (so basic!) and like Faust said, the Raf Simons buy is pathetic. The two Rick Owens leather pieces are really cool though!

[/quote]

Casem, if there is something you like stylewise, go for it. But do beware of quality.. well, you know that already.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks faust, as you probably know my actual style isn't nearly as flamboyant as some of the things I like in concept. But yea, just thought I'd defend my view of the collection. I'm not sure how much of this I'll actually buy, the pieces I really like are very expensive so they'll have to wait for sales and I've sworn off waisting money on less substantial things like designer tees and polos (well, for the most part).
                        music

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

I hope no one minds terribly if I just add my voice to the throng: overall, a pretty terrible buy.

Honestly and truly, the Raf Simons is simply embarrasing.

While, like usual, there are some decent jackets / outerwear from DH on there, overall it seems to me like Hedi is simply "phoning it in" these days.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

I'm not trying to start any fights, but could you please explain to me what appeals to you about the SS07 Dior Homme collection? You said it has a futuristic vibe to it but I believe it was actually inspired bya particular London scene. Also, I find it very hard to believe someone could wear a silver leather jacket everyday and not look like a complete fashion victim unless they were on stage or had some serious swagger. Furthermore, I think it is safe to say Hedi probablyhas not designed much, if anything at all in the past few collections; hence all the "recycling" of pieces. Again, I am just interested to hear other peoples opinions on this...

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I don't really see where this can go, in the end I think we'll have to agree to disagree, so I'll make it short.
                              Suffice it to say, there are a number of pieces that appeal to me from this collection. I wouldn't do the whole look, but I really like the cutaway tuxedo jacket, silver jacket, one button short blazer, the safari and the destroyed sweater. The general themes and details of this collection also appeal to me and I like how they are carried through into the more generic items like the silver detail on a button up collar, the extra flap of material buttoned high on many items, the severe cut of the pants etc. Of course Dior isn't going to reinvent a garment the way CCP might, but that doesn't mean the collection is gimmicky or irrelevant. Sure there are no brainers like slim trenches, jeans, t-shirts, leather jackets, sweatshirts etc. but I don't see anything wrong with continually releasing variations on your specialties. Also my futuristic comment was to say: I don't see this collection referencing specifically any particular sub-culture, era, or music genre the way past collections have. Sure rock n' roll and hipster will always be an influence, but this collection is more forward thinking IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe there is a growing culture of people wearing long slinky shirts with shiny matchstick pants and silver jackets somwhere that I haven't heard of.

Back to the topic, since when did KVA make stupid slogan t-shirts? And why does LVR buy so many of his variations on a low v-neck tee with a twisted collar?On the good side, they have those lovely little Ann Demeulemeester necklaces, but I'm not crazy about the skull. Lanvin looks better than the current season, but not my thing (and ridiculously priced).

music

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎