X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Raf Simons fw 06 leather coat info

I finally tired one at Loveless today and I'm wondering if anyone has seen one too. They basically look like this but are made out of fur and leather. The price was ridiculously high at ¥1,260,000 (11000$ US) so that got me thinking that there's probably not a lot of those around. Anyone has info on it?

It's probably the nicest jacket I've tired on this season except for the almost non-functional shitty zippers it has.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Raf Simons fw 06 leather coat info

I doubt you'll find many of these. I will be shocked if there is even one available in North America.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

wow, that's the first item of clothes I've seen hit the one million yen mark!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I think it's a Loveless (store in aoyama) policy to have at least a few 10,000$ items :)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I think it's a Loveless (store in aoyama) policy to have at least a few 10,000$ items :)[/quote]

Does that enlarge their penis?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

But yeah, the coat looked pretty good on me. Very boxy cut, but it works well on slender bodies, it creates a nice effect. Plus the super volominous collar adds a really nice effect on the stance. I need no to think about that coat though, maybe I should source the weird fabric version...

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

i would imagine the coat to look very strange when fully unzipped. is that the case?

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Wow, that's crazy, I can't imagine that coat in leather. Anyone here buy that coat in synthetic? I would love to see somebody walking down the street in that thing.
                music

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

i would imagine the coat to look very strange when fully unzipped. is that the case?

I thought it would be the same coldrice, but no, it was actually really really cool. It creates a very boxysilhouette, but it's not silly. This is really a piece for lanky frames though... on someone bulkier or shorter it would probably look a bitawkward.

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

I thought it would be the same coldrice, but no, it was actually really really cool. It creates a very boxysilhouette, but it's not silly. This is really a piece for lanky frames though... on someone bulkier or shorter it would probably look a bitawkward.[/quote]

The synthetic version of that jacket looks really nice on - I'm 5'7" and slim and it didn't overpower. And it's really warm, although I don't know if I will get it. Sounds like the leather version was a special order for japan. And it sounds fab.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

i know for sure i'd look quite ridiculous in that coat.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎