Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Shopping! (Ourselves and Others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Christmas Shopping! (Ourselves and Others)

Being that it's getting to that point where, for those of us who have to order from more fashion-friendly parts of the world, in about a week paying for more expensive shipping may become necessary to get things here by Christmas, I thought it would be interesting and timely to see what you stylish folks here are planning on getting yourself, your significant others and family, or anyone else you feel like mentioning. I'm still mulling over things here and there, but here's what I'm looking at the moment:

Myself (Actually for my birthday next friday), a pair of leather and rabbit fur gloves from Oak. That is, since the smalls have dissapeared, if any of the stores I call tomorrow have any in stock:

My mother, a Nichole Farhi scarf. It goes perfectly with the majority of her wardrobe, which are primarily sort of autumnal colors. (being partially 'subsidized' by my father)

These are just the two things I've really got my heart set on, and have the nicest photographs. Both from Oak NYC.

Anyway, feel free to contribute, pictures or not, and if you can, post information about where you're getting from in case some member here sees the 'perfect' thing in this thread.

Merry Christmas and whatnot.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Christmas Shopping! (Ourselves and Others)

The gloves rock! How much?

(P.S. It's good to be Jewish)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

still working on my parents maybe a bunch of bootleg dvds of korean soap
      operas (they've fallen into the trap) and maybe a HTIB surround sound system for
      their new tv.

sister: ????

my girlfriend: trip to thailand/vietnam

me: ccp goodies? :)

gloves are $72 ... not bad!

scarf is pricey- you might be able to find something better/cheaper on yoox - but i assume you've checked there already..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

still working on my parents maybe a bunch of bootleg dvds of korean soap
        operas (they've fallen into the trap) and maybe a HTIB surround sound system for
        their new tv.

sister: ????

my girlfriend: trip to thailand/vietnam

me: ccp goodies? :)

gloves are $72 ... not bad!

scarf is pricey- you might be able to find something better/cheaper on yoox - but i assume you've checked there already..

[/quote]

I am not crazy about the zipper, wish it was not gold. The things is no cashmere or wool lined gloves keep my hands warm in cold weather. These might though!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

yeah if it was black/silver it'd be much nicer. and with a different zipper pull.... but all that will cost you another $100 probably ;)

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

For xmas, got the girlfriend this:

Ron Arad "Bookworm" bookcase. It's a long flexible (VERY LARGE) plastic piece with heavy duty plastic bookends spaced apart on either side of the main sheet. You install it in any kind of sinewy configuration you want. I bought the small version and even that one is 10.5 feet long.

The plan is go to her place when she's not there, install it, put the few smaller gifts (a webcam, Pimsleur's German (we're moving to Berlin for a few months at the end of March), and a teddy bear scarf which I'll sew myself:

)

Then I'll cover the whole wall in wrapping paper so she doesn't know exactly what it is. hehehe

Nothing major for myself... the overlock CCP denims from Coldrice, and a LUC reversible "seismic" sweater.

For the rest of the family, it's various DVDs, appliances, art books (Dad wants a Singer-Sargent retrospective book), gift cards and the like!

weeeee........

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

what I've gotten so far [;)]:

for my girlfriend:

marc jacobs bag
              trovata vest
              + a new cellphone

for my sister:

head porter ipod case
              new killers album

for myself:

comme blazer
              n(n) sweater
              some shoes
              a new cellphone

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I guess I could post this here, although our tradition is to give each other small present for New Year's rather than Xmas. I got an iPOD shuffle for my wife, which I will load up with her favorite music and give it to her. That thing is tiiiiiiiiny!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

well, bought myself a camera, then decided to buy coldrice's off him, so my brother will be getting the originally bought camera.

mother-mo851 boston bag thing
                  dad-???

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎