X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Patrik Ervell

There hasn't been a thread on him yet so I thought I'd start one. I've been following his stuff for the past few season and I really like it. It's understated but I think there is enough design and innovation to keep it interesting. It looks very easy to wear and looks like some of his stuff could become favorite basics for casual wear. I don't own any, but I saw some at Opening Ceremony over the summer. There was some cool stuff but nothing at that time that I had to have. Some of it sort of reminds me of Raf Simons, I get that whole slightly subversive school boy vibe, but I still think Ervell has a strong personal identity. If anyone has more info on where it's carried ( besides Opening Ceremony), the quality, or if you own any pieces please share!

Here's a snippet from Tim Blanks S/S 07 review followed by my favorite pics from SS 07.

"...But Ervell?s quest for the new is perhaps best expressed in the
    idiosyncratic futurism that underpins his work (and we?re not just
    talking about a T-shirt printed with an image of the moon?s surface, or
    the shirt print derived from a Russian computer program to combat
    counterfeiting). There?s a blouson made from cotton recycled from old
    parachutes (the kind that dropped bombs rather than people), and the
    same form is duplicated in a jacket with cashmere ribbing and silk
    lining?a hybrid of luxury and technology. A covetable hooded raincoat
    closes with toggles, also recycled from old parachutes. And pieces in
    flesh-colored nylon, slightly transparent so that their construction is
    visible, have an android edge"

music
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Patrik Ervell

F/W 06 favorites. This reminds me a bit more of Hussein Chalayan's menswear:

music

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

S/S 06:

music

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

I've been following his work from about S/S 06 as well, I really enjoy it. It fits my aesthetic really well, and does so while being easy to wear as well. It's rather pricey for what seem like relatively basic items, but I've heard that the quality of the materials and such have been improving / getting more complicated while the price has stayed relatively the same, so maybe it's worth it more now than it may have been in the past.

Honestly, I could wear just about any of those outfits and be extremely happy. They work well for me, especially, because their is a very youth-ful vibe to it, so I wouldn't necessarily look like I'm dressing out of my age-bracket, like if I wore exclusively Helmut Lang, for instance. I'm not sure I'm getting the idea across here, but whatever. In conclusion, I like it.

edit: on a side note, does anyone know any online stockists to check more recent prices / what's for sale?

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• onemancult
          • Dec 2006

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Good observations Servo, I totally agree. Even though I may not look too "fashiony" I would feel great wearing any of those outfits. I agree about the youthful vibe, it's hard because a lot of designer's specialty is suits or button ups and blazers and well, I only have 2 nice suits and have almost no occasion to wear them (though they get a lot of use seperatly). Patrik does some suits but they still seemvery casual,I wouldn't feel overdressed for my age in any of his outfits.

Thanks so much for the link onemancult, I've never seen that site before. The price points aren't too bad. I think the upcoming SS 07 show is the best to date so maybe I'll pick up something.

music

Comment

• onemancult
              • Dec 2006

You're very welcome.

Heads up for interested parties, the 'Roman' t-shirt, as seen above in the last
              set of pictures, is up on ebay at a BIN of $75. The description says it is a Large
              but the measurements are on the smaller side of a large, 19'' across chest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PATRIK-ERVEL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I too have been watching the line and I must say it is right up my alley as well. Great, workable pieces that can be fit into most anyone's wardrobe. The quality, from what I have seen is top notch as well.

He has a great coat, the "young mans" jacket that fits spectacular and has cashmere cuffs at the sleeves of the jacket.

The thing I like most about his clothing is the subtle attention to detail that is put through out his entire line.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

i was very close to buying that shirt with the bernini st therese print. i love it.

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

Bblessing in NYC stocks Ervell as well. If I'm not mistaken, so does Opening Ceremony.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="bakla"]Bblessing in NYC stocks Ervell as well. If I'm not mistaken, so does Opening Ceremony.
                      [/quote]

Last I heard, Opening Ceremony certainly carries him. I think Casem83 mentioned he saw them there, as well.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Rial
                        • Dec 2006

Hi
                        Retail price for this jacket in black size Small?

Thanks

Comment

• Fad
                          • Dec 2006

It used to retail for about 450usd, but I think it's sold out everywhere (at least in size small). I have been looking everywhere for one myself so please let me know if you find a store that still stocks it!

Comment

• mutterlein
                            • Dec 2006

I like anjoy his designs. He's a fresh of breath air to the menswear world. From what I understand he does quite a bit of textile research. His choice of textiles is pretty interesting.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

That biker jacket is nice, and the price isn't too bad either but it'll probably be hard to find this late in the season. I'm starting to fall for the red crinkled jacket from SS 07. I don't know why but I've been really jacket obsessed lately, must stop thinking about jackets...

His fabric use does look interesting, I especially like how the tan translucent rain coat and toggle coat look.

music

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎