X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeijiHaino
    • Dec 2006

Help with CUSTOMS fashion overseas

I got a question...I have ordered things off eBay from overseas sellers and got everything ok. Now I see alot of notices that when shipping ROYAL international signed for mail, that the buyer is responsible for any customs charges. wont label as gift etc....

Does anyone know how this works or if this is really a big problem? is it worth buying from a seller who says this? how much would i be looking at? i looked at the site and didnt find much. thanks. (btw , im usa)

• deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Help with CUSTOMS fashion overseas

I'm pretty sure a call to your post office would answer all your questions. Basically you have to pay taxes on good you import, those are the customs charges. Call and ask for what situations those are applied.

Comment

• Amethyst
      • Jan 2007

From what I know, most (if not all) countries impose taxes in such a way that if the value of your shipments are above a certain amount, the recipient is supposed to handle the extra charges by his own country's customs.

Marking a shipment as a gift automatically excludes you from going through that process, indicating the shipment value lower than the limit before tax is charged is also possible.

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

Marking as a gift doesn't automatically waive the taxes in all countries. You're right about the value threshold though, at least it's like that in my experience.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Marking as a gift doesn't automatically waive the taxes in all countries. You're right about the value threshold though, at least it's like that in my experience.[/quote]

yup, for example here (in Finland) the gift marking makes no difference, you pay customs anyways if the value is over a certain amount. someone in the US can probably tell you how it goes there.

when youre buying from an individual or a smaller store you can always ask if they can mark the value down, thats why I do because here the customs picks up packages easily and the process is annoying. they couldn't know the actual value of the product or what you paid for it, so if the package says $50 then you wont get charged anything.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎